Chapter 8- To The Rescue

~Josh's POV

After the whole problem with Jeena, who was indeed my ex from rehab and we did loose our virginity together. But now she was cold and evil and no way could I date her knowing what Matt and I felt for each other. But she was still Jeena. Evil, cruel as ever. I don't know what Jeena did to disturb Matt this much,considoring Matt who was simple minded, clean, calm and collected.

After Jeena left I knew Matt would be feeling cold about it so I kissed him to warm him up. He didn't  act as excited, like his lips were dead things. And thankfully Mike and Ian didn't interfere which was great and all. Except if the kiss was more... I don''t know... Alive?

I broke apart frowning. Matt just stared into open space. His warm brown eyes like desperate puddles of chocolate. I plastered a smile on my face so I didn't have the guys worrying about me. Ian and Mike obviously satisfied the band didn't acually break apart got up and left. Probably scowering the area for some food.

"Josh, can I talk to you?" he asked whispering. He kept staring into space.

"Sure" I said overly excited. Calm down Josh.

He took a seat in one of the beat up chairs still looking into space. Not looking at me. Like the corner was more interesting than ME.

"I don't think we should..." he continued but in a whisper I couldn't hear. Maybe we shouldn't kleep our deep feelings for each other a secret from the public or our families. Then yes. It was already out so why not vertify it? 

"Should" I said pratically squeling. I grinned madly which tottaly contrasted with Matt's solem stare at the corner.

"We shouldn't be together."he blurted out.

I gasped. Tears prickled at my eyes. "Why?"

"Look what its done. All it does is lead to gossip and heartbreak. You said we should be honest about our feelings so it wouldn't hurt. But I'm seriously hurting inside thanks to Jeena." he said in one breath I had no idea he felt that way.

"Jeena was just some hook up. I didn't think about her untill today" I said nonchallantly. Shrugging it off.

"So I'm just the next hook up to you?" he sounded exasperated. I shook my head. "I don't mean anything?" A tear rolled down his cheek. I reached out to whipe it. But he slapped my hand away.

"No."

"Matt I love you. Seriously. I do" I reasoned. Stuttering because I was close to full out crying. It hurt me to see Matt, my best friend and more to me sad because I did something stupid.

"I'M NOT THAT COMMITED JOSH" he yelled at me. Where was Mike and Ian to break up a fight? "UP UNTILL YOU, I HAD NO INTREST IN GUYS. I'M STILL STRAIGHT. I KNOW IT ALRIGHT?!" I cried. Full out bawl.

"hOW COULD YOU SAY THAT?" I yelled back. I cried. That one stung the most. Matt must've seen the hurt.

"Josh I didn't mean it that way.." before he could finish his "wise" statement I shoved him into the chair which broke and he went down with it. The chair leg must've been tangled with the table because the heavy table fell onto Matt and the items on it- glass vase, cans, pens and pencils, notebooks and dishes fell around him and on him. He got a few cuts.

his was too much drama. So I ran out of the bus into the dark. Mike and Ian were just coming back and despite their calls and chasing, I ran faster than them and into the dark. We were suppose to have a show tonight, but at the rate things were going, we would be doing none.

I fan down multiple streets and alleys. I must've looked like a regular jogger because I was lounging in sweats, a t-shirt. It was a quirt street an dark clothes would only blend me into the dark. I hated myself. I was an idiot to admit myself to Matt. I was stupid for tricking Matt into being something he wasn''t. And I was just plain ignorant to let Matt meet Jeena. I blindly search the area for something I was looking for. I found a shard feeling rock. That would work. I ran it across my wrist quickly leaving some scratches but nothing major like a blade would.

One for every person I hurt.

Matt. One.

Mike. Two

Ian. Three

Jeena. Four. Yes she counted. I was too young and wild when I was with her throwing out what we had when she expected it.

It may not cause pain one after another but when you run over it multiple time it will. I continued to run it across my wrist untill I was tearing up. I would've probably killed myself with a rock if it weren't for the Lexus's headlights shining my way. I shield my eyes with my hand. Shit. The cops. They found out what I did to Matt and now they were coming to arrest me. I desserved it.

"TAKE ME NOW! I'M SORRY."I yelled crying at the vehical.

"Well since you asked." said a familiar voice. "I may hate you, but I don't think you should die." I stopped crying and got up. I stood up to see Jeena standing in front of her car with an amused smile. I looked like a trash bag in front of one of the prettiest girls in the world. Just Jeena. Yes she is pretty I'll admit. "And sinc you asked, I guess I have to take you so you don't die in the cold or of a rabid dog."she followed it with an amused laugh. I was being made fun of.

"For your information, "I said mocking her tone, "there are no rabid dogs in Vancouver. " she laughed again.

"Just get in the car Jo."and for some unexplained reson I did. It was heated. Oh and get this- it had freaking SEAT WARMERS. Jeena just watched me with a face trying to mask the laughter.

"Just spit it out Jee before you pee yourself or something"I said laughing. She burst out laughing as I continued to play with the controls.

And Matt wondered why Jeena and I were ever together.