thirtyfour.

~ Word Count: 3.1k

Running. That's all that matters in Yuuki's mind to flee from being punished. One moment she was flying high in her self-esteem then the next her confidence bubble pops and she's now falling incredibly below the surface of the earth in an endless hole of suffocation.

Why now? Why did Yuuki had to see her out of every person that could have hated her? Yuuki probably preferred to bump into Christine instead of the ice queen, Justine, herself. The luck she had today was most likely a defective coin thrown at her by mistake.

But she ran. She continues to move her legs faster as if her life depended on it, literally.

Clouds above started to shift together and block the sun's appearance, dimming the atmosphere to prepare an unexpected storm. Yuuki was too focused on running away from the rushed footsteps behind her, her vision narrowing into a tunnel that could lead to more distress of panic. Her body was already pumping high on adrenaline. Desperation to hide and flee to find safety, wherever that is.

Meanwhile, a certain slate-haired teen was busy dashing on the side of the street as well. Chasing a particular frightful caramel brunette, causing ruckus to pedestrians nearby and apologizing frantically to each person the girl unintentionally pushes or merges away. He tries calling out to her, but she wouldn't take a single second to look back.

Rolling of soft thunder echoed in the sky, sending chills up Yuuki's arms and spine, her heart rate accelerating at an already scary pace. Why now. Why NOW?

She can feel her legs slowly starting to wear out and this person pursuing her is not giving up on her at all. So Yuuki decides quickly to knock down a pot of plants, in hopes her makeshift obstacle will slow them down. Rain began showering down the streets and buildings, easily soaking the young girl's hair and clothes.

Yuuki suddenly yelps when she felt a 'pop'  in one of her feet. Instantly, she uses her short body's momentum to roll forward into a random alley, praying that one of Justine's pursuers didn't notice. She deeply exhales a deep relieved sigh, letting her back finally hit a solid wall to deliberately slide down. As Yuuki tries catching her breath, a thunderous roar of lightning blasts throughout the sky, causing a loud squeak to escape her lips in fear.

The shaking girl hurriedly covers her ears with her hands, her eyes squeezed shut to pretend none of these events were happening right now. She can feel her body vibrating from the boisterous sounds of her heart racing at great speed while her mind is running wild with frantic thoughts of figuring out her next move. She was already being chased by an enemy but another one suddenly wanted to pop in and greet themselves out of nowhere?

"Yuuki!"

Speaking of enemies.

Rain continued to pour down hard, starting to become difficult to hear much due to the echoes reverberating off the walls of the alleyway. Her eyes snap open and she sees that familiar green and white blurry uniform coming close to her. She couldn't really see the face of the person but all she knows is, I have to get away before i'm dead.

The person crouches down in front of her, reaching their arms out to her. Yuuki screams and tries feigning off the possibility of being captured and punished, but her body is already too sore from running and she can sense her limbs locking up into restraints.

"Yuuki, it's okay—"

"It's not okay! I'm sorry please! I-i'm truly sorry! I-i won't do it again!" Yuuki cries, using her last option to shield her arms in a cross to protect her.

She lost. They're already here. I'm doomed and captured.

Why am I so pathetic?

"Yuuki, it's me, Iori. I'm not going to do anything to you." Iori desperately tries to calm the girl down, worry flashed within his golden hues.