New Years Eve (Pt.3 <3)

New Year's Eve Special ~

~ Word Count: 5.6k

10:40PM - 1 hr & 10 mins before midnight -

"What do you think?"

The ravenette poses in front of the mirror, having the presence of the brunette girl comfortably sitting on his bed behind him. Yuuki curiously tilts her head then the other to decide if it looks decent on him. He will look decent no matter what he wears. I wonder why he is so self-conscious of his appearance all of a sudden-

"Yuuki?" Azusa turns back at the girl, noticing her eyes adhered to his mirrored reflection. He waves his hand in front of her face and she jolts back to present time.

"O-oh sorry. I was uh, actually don't mind me. U-um, what did you ask?" She nervously fumbles with the fluffy side corners of the pillow beside her.

Azusa chuckles at her cuteness, "I was just wondering what you think of this shirt with the pants. If it's bad I can change it to the gold one-"

"Yeah! Try that! I feel like the gold will compliment the black jeans you're wearing." Yuuki quickly blurts, saving herself from the embarrassment sprouting on her cheeks.

The ravenette chuckles again, going along with the brunette's suggestion. As Azusa started buttoning down his shirt, Yuuki adorably squeaked and flicked her eyes immediately to the ground. Azusa glanced at Yuuki's reaction through the mirror, a low devious smirk laced on his lips.

While transitioning to the suggested gold buttoned long sleeve shirt, Azusa breaks the somewhat awkward silence between them. "I heard it'll be a beautiful night tonight." Yuuki lifts her eyes back on his figure, noticing he has changed to the satin gold long sleeves.

"Oh really? That makes it even more exciting to spend New Years Eve with everyone!" Yuuki giggles, filling Azusa's usual quiet bedroom.

"What Hikari-san shared earlier sounded pretty interesting. What do you think?" The ravenette kept his gaze on her, waiting to hear her actual response.

"Well, I mean, it's not bad. It's just the part that you have to kiss someone to have luck and true love in the new year. Why can't you just shout out your worries or something to acquire the luck Hikaru-chan mentioned?" Yuuki purses her lips, her eyes wandering around the ravenette's room for the first time.

His room seemed to be structured differently than the previous room. Less posters and more shelves occupied with assorted books. Mostly splattered manga novels and she can feel her fingers wiggling to get a hold of one.

"The myth does seem far fetched but, I think it's believable."

Yuuki flicks her eyes back at the ravenette, who casually turns around to face in her direction. She felt her lips part slightly, witnessing the usually composed twin have his hair disheveled, shirt halfway buttoned, and glasses nonexistent. Yuuki blinked then rubbed her eyes to check if she was staring at the right person. This is Azusa-san... right?

Azusa notices the confused look scrunched on her fragile face, staring him up and down baffled. He tilted his head, taking a step closer to her but Yuuki reacted quickly by clearing her throat and jumping off the bed.

"I-i, uh, did you, um, n-need help with your outfit? You kinda, uh, look like a mess- b-but in a good way- i-i mean you just look-" Yuuki couldn't stop herself from stuttering so much till Azusa catches on.

"Look like what?" His brow arched curiously at the flustered girl.

Yuuki felt her face blaze in embarrassment fire. Look what you did, idiot! Her eyes searches desperately for a distraction. "Oh, incomplete without this black tie! Here. Let me help you." The brunette scrambles to the closet and grabs the black tie that caught her eye in the moment. She peers back at Azusa's outfit and grinned that the tie will actually work.