thirtyfive .

~ Word Count: 3.1k

"Ahh! Wataru-chan! I said to not run around the house with wet hair splashing everywhere!"

Echoes of a frustrated brunette resounded throughout the room. Tiny footsteps tapped endlessly as a young giggling boy enjoyed the excitement of being chased by his sister. Ema groaned and huffed furiously, she wondered how does he still have this amount of energy after jumping on every puddle they saw on their way home from Wataru's school.

"What will Masaomi-san say when he sees you running around like this?" Ema hummed, halting to catch a breath behind one of the dining chairs.

The little boy finally yields to a stop, across the table from Ema. "Mhmm, but he's not here though?" He tilts his head, almost as if mocking her.

Ema scrunched her nose with a grimace, "that is true, but what I mean is, don't you think he will scold you for having wet hair and splashing it everywhere?" She bites her lip, hoping the child understood her subtle hints.

"But he is not here so it's fine with me, hehe yaaay~!"

Then the salmon boy continued to squeal playfully, causing a groan to escape the light brunette's lips. She looked over the kitchen window, monitoring the stove pot where she just finished cooking dinner.

"What about Yuu-neesan? What would she do if she saw you wet and running around like a safety hazard?"

Somehow, luck decided to be on her side and the little boy's tiny legs stopped skipping, having him ponder for a moment.

Or so she thought.

She notices a wide gleaming smile pop onto his lips. Dread creeping back to her as luck really wasn't on her side today.

"Yuu-tan would also chase me around hehehe!" He giggles, having a sigh drain out of the brunette.

Great.

However, Wataru does end up yielding to a halt, walking over to Ema's side.

"But... where is Yuu-tan? I wanna show her what I painted at school today." Wataru frowns, his head drooped as well.

"That's right, where is the princess anyways?"

A voice pops into the common room, plopping themselves onto the couch behind Wataru. Another figure follows and sat themselves beside a certain silverette. Ema glints back to the clock and sighs, knowing how worried she is about her fraternal twin as well. It has been five hours since she last heard from her sister. By now, she should be here after her trip to the main city.

Ema unlocks her phone to check for any new messages from the only person making her form wrinkles on her forehead. Nothing.

"Yuu-tan is your princess?" Wataru gasps, spinning around to glare at the silverette.

Tsubaki stares down at his younger brother, then smirks. "Of course! Yuuki has always been my-"

"Wrong! Yuu-tan is myyy princess. Not yours!" He exclaims with a tiny stomp.

"As her knight in shining armor, it is my job to protect her from stray princes coming her way." Tsubaki hums with pride, crossing his arms on his chest.

"Noo fair~! Yuu-tan said I was her knight in shining armor, not you!"

Azusa rolls his eyes and stood up, walking over to the white board planned out with everyone's schedules. "Ne Ema-san, where even is Yuuki-san, Louis-nii, Masaomi-nii, Iori, and Subaru?"

Ema turns the dining chair to face the common room area, "oh uh Masaomi-san should still be in the garage, Louis-san texted me he'll be doing overtime, then Subaru-sa--"