Chapter 41 : Clan

: clan :

: a group of people descending from a common ancestor

: people of similar traits

_____

Humming as she carried a basket filled with clothes, Hyūga Natsu walked around the corner and climbed up the two sets of stairs.

"Hanabi-sama sure is buying lots of clothes lately" She thought with a fond smile "I'm glad that she has more time for herself now that Hinata-sama had chosen to step up. She can now mingle in fashion and maybe boys..."

Opening a few shōji doors, she finally reached the last one, also known as Hyūga Hanabi's bedroom.

Placing the basket down, the green haired maid fixed her apron before calling out, "Hanabi-sama..? Hanabi-sama, are you there?"

After a lack of response, she shook her head with an amused smile, "Probably asleep already"

Carefully sliding the door open, she clicked open the nearest dim lamp as to not disturb her sleeping mistress.

Tiptoeing to the closet the little girl owned, Natsu made sure to be as quiet as possible.

But as she opened the closet door-

"Hanabi-sama?!" Natsu called out in panic, turning to the bed, only to find no one.

Flicking the lights open, she gasped.

"All of the futon, pillows, blankets, and beddings are gone!" She thought with a hand over her mouth "Not even in her closet!"

And in haste, Natsu quickly turned on her heel and ran out, heading to the left wing of the second floor, where Hyūga Hinata's room was.

Kō was making his rounds to guard his mistress's side of the mansion, carefully inspecting shadows as to make sure there were no intruders.

Eversince Neji's passing, Hinata's personal butler, Hyūga Kō, took it upon himself to be the young woman's guard as well, not even minding the fact that Hiashi didn't hire him for the position and was not paying him. He was fond of the girl, he took care of her eversince he was nine.

"OUT OF THE WAY, NII-SAAAAAAN!!!"

The brunette paled as he turned around and found his usually calm younger cousin run with an open palm ready to attack him.

He screamed in fear, stuck in his place as the woman charged, falling the nearest set of stairs as he was attacked with a Jūken.

Natsu frantically knocked on Hinata's door, "Ojou-sama?? Ojou-sama!"

Not waiting more than five seconds, she slammed the door open, its echo piercing through the dead of night, only to find yet another naked bed.

Rushing to the closet, Natsu gasped to find no beddings as well.

Another dramatic gasp came to life as Kō looked into the empty room, "Why do I keep losing Hinata-sama?!"

"Kō-nii!" Natsu said in a desperate voice as she shook the man "What if they ran away?!?!"

The two Hyūga quickly rushed out of the maiden's room and jumped down sets of stairs, slamming open shoji doors as they quickly made their way to the head master's room.

They came to a skidding hault as they saw that the dojo's lights were open, assuming Hiashi were there, the cousins both called out his name, only to no response.

Natsu hissed, opening the door with haste, only to stop in place.

"What is-?!" Kō stopped mid sentence as he looked around the now-colorful room.