Chapter 24 : Change

: Change :

: To make (something) different than (it) was before.

_____

"That day... Is nearing" Hiashi thought as he blew on his hot tea, "We must act fast"

Three knocks on the door was heard, Hiashi closed his map, "Come in"

"Father" Hinata said as she entered his office, bowing before him. Hiashi gestured for her to sit on the cushion in front of him, she nodded and asked "You called for me, father?"

"Indeed" Hiashi confirmed.

There was a long pause, an intimidating silence for Hinata. For her father to call her, it must be important.

"Hinata" The brunette finally spoke up, the teen looked up and asked "Y-Yes?"

"I must explain to you... You have the right to know. A long time ago..."

Hiashi explained.

Hinata couldn't believe what she was hearing.

Her mouth fell agape.

Her eyes were wide and watery.

As Hiashi finished, he searched for answers in his beloved daughter's eyes.

"Hinata..."

"I... I understand, father"

- - - - -

The chirps were chirping merrily.

The morning dew on a window rolled down slowly, hopping on a leaf.

The sun was beautifully shining over Konohagakure.

"Good morning!"

Naruto yelled as he sat up from his bed, a bright grin adorning his face.

"..."

The smile disappeared as he was met with the same old apartment.

"Ramen..." He muttered.

- - - - -

"Eh?"

Naruto's mouth fell agape as he turned around the corner.

In the distance, he could see a whole battalion of shinobi marching out of the Hyūga Compound. They all seemed to have been carrying bags and some even carried boxes of what looked to be filled with scrolls.

Around the corners were Hyūgas marching to a certain beat, perhaps acting as the guards for the travel waiting upon them, some even carrying flags with their clan's crest proudly printed upon it.

"H... Hey! Hey, old man!" Naruto called out as he ran over to one of the shinobi.

The black haired man turned and greeted Naruto, and much to the blonde's surprise, the man didn't wear his hitai ate, and so did the rest of the people, only some bandanas and wraps.

"What's going on here?" Naruto asked as he worriedly looked at the bags, the man said "The Hyūga Clan's moving, Naruto-san"

"The Hyūga Clan's moving?!?!" The blonde repeated in surprise, another Hyūga passed them with a tisk as he said "Obviously, genius"

"But why?" The Uzumaki asked, the Hyūga sighed and said "Unfortunately, only the elders, head, and Hinata-sama knows the exact reason. All we know is that the Hyūga clan is at risk by staying, something about a decree made?"

"Hinata...!"

Naruto frowned, he jumped up the compound's wall and ran to the front of the clansmen.