Chapter 30 : Meaning

: meaning :

: the idea meant to be expressed

_____

!!!

Hinata gasped, immediately sitting up from her sleep.

"E-Eto..." Her big doe eyes wandered around in confusion, tilting her head to one side in confusion, "Where am I?"

It was a pure white space, nothing more, and nothing less.

Hesitantly, she stood up. She couldn't see nor feel any floor underneath her, but she could walk as if there was a pane underneath her, preventing her from falling into the infinite pit of white underneath her.

Squinting her eyes, she tisked. She quickly shut down her chakra system in a command, immediately feeling its effect.

"It's not a Genjutsu" She said to herself.

Lips pursed into in a thin line, she took in a deep breath and out, deciding to walk around the white space.

It was quiet, no sound made with each of her step, nor was there sound from any of her surrounding.

She could start hearing white noise trying to block out total silence.

Not even her Byakūgan can see the end.

And for some reason, the farther she got from her starting point, the louder the white noise.

Louder.

And louder...

LOUDER!

Hinata dropped to her knees, screaming in pain as the sound now was unbearable to her human ears, "H-Help!! Stop it, please!!!"

She could only hear the noise, she couldn't even hear herself, no matter how loud she screamed.

She suddenly felt a vibration ahead.

Fighting against the pain, she struggled up to her feet, towards where the vibrations originated.

And off in the distance, she did not expect-

"Neji-nii-san!!" Hinata gasped, running towards him without a second thought despite the ringing becoming louder.

Only an arms reach away.

"GAH!"

Hinata toppled back. Neji screamed what seemed to be her name as he banged on the invisible barrier between them.

"N-Nii-san... Nii-san!!!" Hinata screamed again, scurrying back up and meeting the man in between, she banged on the glass, screaming for her brother.

The two had the most desperate looks as they assaulted the wall, trying to claw their way back into each other's arms.

Hinata's fists started to bleed as she cried, not breaking eye contact with her deceased cousin, "Neji-nii!!"

Her side was starting tk be stained with blood, and Neji was displeased.

She has to stop...

She's hurting herself!

But... He wants to...

With one last sob, Neji's fists stopped banging on the glass, his calloused hands glowing red from his hits.

"N-No! Don't stop! Don't stop!" Hinata begged, chakra pouring out with each hit.

But the brunette only looked at her.

Slowly, he opened his fists, pressing his palms firmly against the glass, resting his unstained forehead aligned to above her head.