Chapter 44 : Words

: words :

: sounds of what was said

_____

The sound of distant roars of the ocean waves reached him as he opened his eyes.

Naruto's bright and curious blue eyes opened, and there he found himself, stood in the middle of a strangely unfamiliar yet familiar place.

He felt his bare feet nicely nestled in the warm sand underneath him as the salty afternoon breeze kissed his lonely form.

"I'm looking for..." He thought to himself as he looked around.

He can remember that he was doing something... Searching? He knows exactly what he was doing and looking for. But, at the same time, he doesn't.

Wordlessly, without another thought, his feet slowly started walking, towards the direction of the ocean.

Each step he took, he felt more and more curious. What was he looking for? What was he doing?

And then, his eyes suddenly widen and then soften, and his body finally fell in ease.

He was in awe.

The sun slowly set in the middle of his view, moments away from touching the horizon in which the sky meets the sea.

And in front of the sun. A silhouette.

His agaped mouth in awe shifted to a tender smile, the sides of his eyes creasing in joy.

He was very, very happy. He does and doesn't know why, both at the same time.

The figure of the person was definitely feminine, dainty in all of her right.

The woman had her back turned to him, facing what's ahead of her, seemingly admiring the sun similar to the way he was to her.

He can't see her completely, only the shadowed back of her delicate figure. But he can easily tell, just by the silhouette, she was beautiful.

Extremely beautiful. That, he knows, no doubt.

And without a thought, out of pure instinct, as if so naturally, he walked up to her.

Then suddenly-

"As for women..."

He felt extremely heavy. He couldn't breathe.

Naruto made a frantic look, made sure the woman was fine, and felt the tiniest bit of relief when he found she hasn't noticed anything.

And then, he turned his head and saw that the world around him, starting from behind him, started shattering, piece by piece, into a dark and black emptiness, sucking in everything.

Everything was being destroyed.

In panic, he started to run, but what seems like either the weight of his body or the gravity were working against him, and that he couldn't breathe.

His vision slowly became blurry as he became weaker by the second, the shatters and darkness catching up to him.

As the sand bellow him shattered, as if in slow motion, he felt himself get sucked into the darkness. And as he lost his platform, he looked up at the woman in horror as he reached out a hand, trying to scream out a warning for her. But no voice came out.

The pupils of his eyes dilated and lost all of its shine as he drifted away in slow motion, seeing as the darkness made its way to the peaceful and unknowing woman.

Before she was even caught in the darkness, he was far too gone, sucked into the empty abyss of what seemed to be infinite black, to even see her vanish.