Chapter 4 : Attention

: attention :

Special care or treatment

_____

Bird chirps welcomed Naruto's ears as he started to squirm.

Bright rays of sunlight peaked through the window and greeted Naruto's bright blue eyes as he opened them.

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he looked around what seemed to be a room with nothing but white furniture.

The distinctive smell of medicine and flowers wafted by his nose, making the small bell in his mind ring.

"That's right..." Naruto thought as he looked out the window with a bright smile "We already got back days ago!"

Putting on his new long sleeves on, along with his shinobi open toed boots, he opened the window of his room and hopped on the sill.

"Ohayo, Naruto! Time for your med- Hey!" Sakura shrieked, Naruto saluted her with a wide grin and said in a lively tune "Mornin', Sakura-chan! I'll be back surely before sundown, dattebayo!"

With that, the boisterous shinobi jumped out and ran above the rooftops.

Sakura growled as she tried chasing after him, stopping at the window, "Shanaro...... NAAARUUUTOOOOOO!!!"

"Good morning, Konoha!!! Uzumaki Naruto is back, dattebayo!!!!" The same blonde yelled on top of the Hokage monument, grinning down at the bustling village, he lunged forward and laughed out "Let's gooooo!!!!"

- - - - -

"Ohayo, Naruto-san"

"Naruto-senpai, good morning"

"It's Uzumaki Naruto!"

Naruto grinned as he confidently walked through the familiar path, enjoying the attention he got.

"Teuchi-jii!" Naruto yelled as he walked in the humble ramen stall "Guess who?!"

"Naruto!" Ayame and Teuchi perked up.

"Hey, I'll have-" "NARUTO!" "ACK!"

Sakura gripped the back of his head and slammed it down to the desk, "That's what you get when-! Ha?!"

The clone dispersed, the three were all shocked and confused.

"Nyahaha! You'll never catch me, Sakura-chan!" They heard Naruto's distant voice.

Sakura cracked her knuckles and marched out with a vein popping on her forehead, "Tsunade-sensei is holding me responsible for whatever you do and happens to you, idiot!!!"

"Don't worry! Sundown! I swear!!!"

And with that, Sakura continued to march away, huffing and growling angrily, "That moron's gonna get me in trouble"

Teuchi and Ayame sweat dropped.

"He just got home and he's already causing trouble" Ayame deadpanned, Teuchi nodded.

- - - - -

As Naruto ran down the road, his eyes suddenly spotted a café.

He came to a stop and thought out loud "I want some oshiruko right now, dattebayo!"

As he came closer, he spotted team 8, with Akamaru absent, happily eating just outside the café.

"Hinata! Kiba! Shino!" He called out.

The team looked at him, "Naruto/!/-kun!"

His blue eyes found what was on their table. Shino's, what seemed to be a very leafy salad. Kiba's, dozens of dango. And Hinata's-