Chapter 22 : Support

: support :

: the act of helping someone by giving love, encouragement, etc.

- - - - -

Naruto woke up with a big yawn. Pushing himself up from his bed with his left arm, he sleepily made his way to his kitchen for some instant ramen.

"Mm... Ramen" He thought, waking up fully.

As he opened the door of his shelf, he groaned to himself, realizing he already ate the last one yesterday.

"To Ichiraku's then!" He cheered.

- - - - -

He made a turn around the corner and grinned brightly, "Good morning, Hinata!"

Hinata perked up and turned after she closed the gate of their compound, she smiled back and said "Good morning, Naruto-kun. Your operation is later, am I correct?"

"Operation?" Naruto asked, she nodded and said "I-Indeed, you told me last week that Tsunade-sama scheduled it today"

Then it clicked, "Oh, yeah! That's right! I'm gonna have a new right arm today, dattebayo!"

She giggled behind her hand and said "Don't tell me you forgot"

"Don't laugh, Hinata" Naruto pouted "But even if I do forget anything, you always remind me, dattebayo!"

Hinata nodded. That's right, she remembers everything he says, and he tells her everything.

They're both very happy that both of them always have each other's back.

They're always together, that is. It's really hard to pull them apart, quote Kiba.

"Anyway, it's not until afternoon!" Naruto informed "So let's have ramen!"

"Sure!" Hinata nodded as she followed him towards Ichiraku's.

- - - - -

"Ah, it's still hot..." Hinata whispered underneath her breath, not sure if it was for him or for herself.

She blew on the noodles gathered on the chopstick, Naruto waiting patiently for her to cool it down.

Usually, Naruto hates waiting for ramen to cool. Probably one of the things he hated the most.

But...

Hinata always was an exception.

He lets her take her precious time to blow her wispy air to cool down the ramen. He likes it. Especially because he knows that after she blows it, he'll eat it.

It was as if she's giving him a part of her.

He really likes the sound of that.

"H-Here" Hinata said as she raised the noodles to him.

Deep down inside, Hinata feels sorta sad, knowing that this might be the last time he asks help from her.

And Naruto was thinking the exact same thing- except, he was taking it more badly than her.

He didn't want to not have Hinata around to help him anymore. If he had both arms well and functioning, he won't have a reason to be around her, to be beside her, or even be with her.

In fact, him being only one-armed is a huge factor that kick-started their friendship.

Hinata knitted her eyebrows together, sensing his sudden change, "I-Is something wrong, Naruto-kun? D-Don't you want ramen?"