Chapter 40 : Thought

: thought :

: a figment of idea within the mind

_____

"It's funny..."

"This is a very nice village" Hinata complimented as she practically skipped as she stared at the structures in awe, "It feels like a whole different world... The new modern designs are amazing..."

"Good eye!" Kiba laughed, whistling at the neon lights being prepared to light up, "Crazy to think about it too!"

"Hey!" A man enthusiastically called out to them, wearing a new fashion of business attire as he walked, "Nice job out there! We didn't think we'd ever find that master key ever again and all this new tech would be lost cause!"

"Our pleasure. Why?" Shino started as he adjusted his goggles, a small smile proudly forming on his face, "It is our duty as ninjas to help people. And we are all happy to help push the boundaries and create a beautiful future ahead for the next generation"

Akamaru barked, happily agreeing.

The man laughed and nodded, "Yes. Thank you, again! Our newly advanced village is in debt of Konoha!"

He smiled and bowed before taking his leave.

The four of them happily smiled at each other proudly.

"Alright! Now we can tour around here!" Kiba cheered before running ahead of the rest of the team, a grin plastered on his face as Akamaru excitedly followed.

Shino and Hinata both chuckled at their friends' antics before jogging ahead to continue their 'stroll' around the modern village.

"Everything seems to be looking up"

"Uzumaki-san! Good morning!!" An old lady greeted as she cleaned a futon from her window.

"G'Morning, obaa!" Naruto happily greeted back as he continued walking.

Giggles of children playing came closer before they rounded the corner, chasing each other, passing the blonde with bright grins as they played, but not before all enthusiastically stopping to come and bow at him, "Good morning, Naruto-senpai!"

Before he could even reply, the kids continued to run off.

Naruto laughed at the children's joy, then continuing down his path with a gleeful tone as he whistled.

"Ah, Naruto! Extra pep to your step, I see!"

The blonde happily turned his head and waved at his friends, "Ino! Shikamaru! What's up guys?!"

"It seems not much compared to you" Shikamaru laughed as he stuffed his hands in his pockets, "Got back from breakfast at Ichiraku's?"

"You know it!" The Uzumaki cheered.

"We'd love to stay and chat, but we better get going!" Ino said as she raised a finger, "We promised Choji we'd come try out this new restaurant that serves food quickly! He might eat without us! We agreed to split the bill evenly!"

"Shit, you're right" Shikamaru said before he nodded at Naruto with a smile before saying, "Hey, see'ya!"

"Yeah!" The Uzumaki cheered as he nodded back, resuming to his morning walk, greeting and being greeted by fellow ninjas and villagers, both local and foreign.

"Then all of a sudden,"

"Wow..." Hinata cooed, practically blindly walking as she paid no mind on her path, only on the towering buildings that she never thought could be built that tall.