Chapter 7 : Ulterior

: Ulterior :

: going beyond what is openly said or shown and especially what is proper :

: A secret motive

_____

"-of intimidation. Eye contact is one of the most important key to prying out information. Glare at..."

Naruto felt his eyelids get heavier by the second.

"-But the monkey man refused to talk, so I used this technique and he told me the way to the royal bathrobe. So, you see..."

Naruto didn't even know if he was hearing right.

"Colobalalu pahawa mamemimo..."

Naruto was confused, he couldn't understand anything anymore.

"-Syntax! He told us, it was the syzygy!"

Yep, he's hearing things. No way are 'syntax' and 'syzygy' real words.

"But Kurenai, Asuma, and I finished the mission anyway... We did get the goldfish back, safely!"

Naruto's pen fell from his left hand after it was dragged from incredibly messy and almost illegible characters to unidentified symbols and scribbles on his notebook.

"Anyway. Interrogation is a really hard ninja art to master, Naruto. So-" Iruka came to an abrupt stop as he heard a loud snore.

The brunette let out a low groan. It was the third day in a row Naruto drifted off during a lesson, and they've been doing study sessions for three days too. He didn't know what to do.

He sighed. At least it wasn't as bad as the first day, when he literally wandered off and returning the next day claiming he heard a friend of his get hurt.

The Umino walked towards his student and took the blonde's notebook. At least he was trying to write.

With a heavy sigh, the brunette nudged the blonde, "Naruto. We'll continue this tomorrow"

- - - - -

Iruka decided. To find a technique to teach Naruto, is to think like Naruto!

Yes! He was very clever to come up with this idea! Now all he's gotta do is wear orange, always talk loudly without thinking, and say 'dattebayo' at every end of a sentence!

Iruka shook his head and got rid of his stupid idea. No way was it gonna work.

"Welcome to Ichiraku Ramen!"

The Umino's ear twitched as he heard the vendor's loud voice from his little stall. He shrugged, maybe ramen won't be so bad.

"Oji-san! Large seafood ramen!" Iruka ordered as he entered, taking a seat at the first chair that he grabbed.

"Oh, Iruka-sensei" He heard soft voice that he recognized, he turned and saw Hinata "Ah, you're here, too, Hinata-san"

She smiled and nodded.

Iruka noticed that the maiden kunoichi wasn't clad in her usual baggy and comfy attire, instead was wearing a rich, silk, purple kimono with Hyūga clan sign designs that looked like fire at the hems and edges of her kimono. Her hair was also kept in a neat bun with beads and a fancy Hyūga ornament. She looked expensive.

Hinata noticed and said "I-It's just my proper attire while being heiress"

"Really? Wow. Congratulations, then" He smiled, his former students were doing better than he actually expected, "Then why are you here?"