non-cannon prologue for readers unfamiliar with BFDI

[[This is not cannon in terms of events, as Golf Ball actually tells Tennis Ball about her trama in Pencil's Personification. This short originally wasn't going to be used for the longest time, so I recycled its ending. The important thing is that all these events COULD happen. It paints an image of how things on Earth are currently. Golf Ball and the Yoyle Humans Three takes place in the past of these noncanontical events.

Viewers of the show would already know this timeline thing automatically, and know that this short paints a picture of the future that our YH3 characters will all end up in.

Viewers also already know how the objects live and who they are, but watching all of BFDI just to read YH3 doesn't have to be necessary. Certain references you still won't understand, but it won't take away from your reading experience enough to mention every little thing, so just enjoy getting familiar with the important things in this short.]]

On Earth, during season 4, in the grassy continent of Goiky, was a small community of living objects. The usual activity was at a halt, as there were currently no episodes of BFB or Battle For Battle For Dream Island, being recorded, (that isn't a typo). During the recordings, the objects got into teams and competed in contests. Without the contest being recorded, they were left to their own devices for an undetermined length of time.

To the side of a grassy field was a square hole in the ground that was the entrance to an underground staircase. The open staircase lead to an overly complicated underground factory, and one of the only structures in the grassy field. The deep dark space of pipes, warning signs, and fans had been made into a more comfortable living space and lab by Golf Ball and Tennis Ball. 

Directly out from the open stairwell was the factory floor. It was an open space with a metal floor and a few tables stacked messily with tools and unfinished inventions. The walls were lined with pipes, fans and warning signs. On that floor, Golf Ball was testing an experiment with Tennis Ball as her subject.

Golf Ball stood around two feet tall, she didn't have any arms, but stood on two black rubbery line legs. Like a drawing, she had line eyes and a mouth.
Tennis Ball also didn't have arms, but he stood considerably taller at around four feet. 

“I am preparing to pull down the lever!” Golf Ball announced sharply. She held up one of her legs towards a lever connected to the wall. Despite being a she, Golf Ball's voice was rather raspy and never flowed.

“I am prepared and ready!” Tennis Ball said happy to oblige. He was standing in the way of some sort of raygun that was connected by wire to the lever. Behind him, two robotic arms were waiting to play a tennis game. They mindlessly stood, holding rackets between a net. GB pulled the lever down. Immediately Tennis Ball was struck by the raygun. He shrunk down to the size of a normal tennis ball, and bounced over to the two robotic tennis rackets. An arm picked him up and started hitting him back and forth with the other.
“Weee!” Tennis Ball said bouncing around.  

Golf Ball dashed to the nearest table and grabbed a notebook from it. She placed it on her head and walked over to TB. She sat in front of the court and pulled the notebook off her head. Opening it on the floor, she got out a pen.
“How are you feeling?” Golf Ball asked. She tapped the pen to her lip with her foot.
“I am really disoriented! But it's sorta like a carnival ride! I'm having lots of fun!” TB replied. Golf Ball rapidly jotted down the data. 

“Do you think you could do this forever?” Golf Ball asked.
“...What?” Tennis Ball didn't hear her. 
“Do you think you could do this forever!?” GB shouted. 
“Well, personally I feel like I need to get back to my genetics project! So I guess we could both say-” Tennis Ball grew back into his normal size and landed on his feet, “- that my obligatory purpose is not my true desire, or reason for living,” The robotic arms kept smacking Tennis Ball, but he didn't move. He walked out of their way, and Golf Ball turned the lever off. 
“Hmmm. Maybe it might be due to the fact that it is not a real game of tennis. It might be hard to try and get your mind to recognize a real game...” Golf Ball said.