Bozo

David and his grandfather gathered all they could into 2 suitcases, and went into Oscar’s horribly parked van since it was bigger than Cole’s car.

Everyone but Cole sat in the back to warm up David, as Cole had to drive. Usually being walking distance, the caravan swiftly dropped Ball off to the Science Commision.
“Please stay safe Ball,” David weakly breathed with his eyes shut. The van door slid open.
“I survived falling into the atmosphere from space. I believe I will be alright,” Ball said.
David opened his eyes in surprise of what she just said, but she was gone before he could say anything to her.

Ball walked into the front entrance of the Science Commision. She didn't usually come in this way as most of the time guests came through the main entrance.

It was dim, and had an eerie aura of red that she couldn’t exactly find a source to. Around the front desk was two stairwells, so she walked up one to a balcony.

There was a door to the second floor corridor, but it was shut. Instead of regretting that she hadn’t brought anyone, she simply turned around and pushed one of the faintly used waiting chairs to the door.
Using it as a vantage point, she climbed to the back of the chair and stood on the lever handle. It popped open, so she jumped back down and pushed it wide open.

In the corridor beyond was the floor she usually resided in. It was defeningly empty.
Ball tensed up, even at night there was some buzz of work being done or late night science laughter. Now it seemed like the air had been sucked out of the building.

She turned to her right, and silently followed the hall down. She recalled her first walk through this place. Her eyes followed the edges of the walls and the ceilings, and it seemed like to no end would such a sight cease to amaze her. Those edges, those lines…

Ball entered the computer room again, as the door was open. She could see through the chairs someone standing a little further away. She wanted to rush to whoever it was but she stopped at the sound of voices.

“Please don’t,” It was Johnson. The fear in his voice was hard to listen to, “I didn’t do this! And I didn’t authorize it! She is her own person with her own will! L-l-let me make it up to you, I promise! It’s the last time I swear.”

He was surrounded by prisms with spiked clubs. Ball could easily see them from her height, but not most of Johnson.
“We’re bored with Earth Drake,” Eins said.
“We’ll be borrowing all of your activator, since you won’t, like, be needing it anymore,” said Zwei.

“What for?” Johnson asked.
The prisms began to chuckle.

“It’s a perfectly good explosive,” Drei said, “Wouldn’t want it to go to waste.”

Zwei tuned their face around to look directly at Ball. Ball felt suddenly out in the open.
“Would you look at that,” Zwei said. The other 2 prisms turned their faces around too.
“Ball..” Drake breathed.
“Just the bozo we wanted to kill,” Drei said.
The prisms detached their legs, curling them up into wheels. They rolled over to her as she began to rush away. Johnson clumsily trudged after them.

Ball originally wanted to exit through the door she entered through, but more aliens had begun to come through that way.
She ran on down the hall hoping to find some way the doors would open up in her favor.

By the time he was in the hall the aliens had turned to stop him, they were also joined by more prisms that he didn't know. He tripped forward over these foreign aids as they grabbed his legs and pulled back.
“We're letting Ball go?!” Drei yelled at them, upset.
“We aren't letting anyone go,” Zwei said.
“She's just a kid, leave her alone!” Johnson tried getting back up but the foreign aid stood on top of him to weigh him down. Eins Zwei and Drei ignored him.