[art]New Cover

Look at those bratty aliens getting ready to bomb every coast

Johnson opened a door to a smallish room. It looked rather compy. Floor lined with carpet, a ready made bed, closet, desk, laptop, and a window. The window automatically drew Ball's attention. She hopped on top of her desk chair, and then the desk itself to look out into the world.

Ball couldn't keep her mouth closed as she gazed at the many tall towers of the city. Being in the second floor made all that she viewed even more expansive. She never knew of a thing so tall as a skyscraper, or as vast as the open sky. And the people! Cars drove past, people on bikes weaved around them, and small walking caravans peeked into the roads to see if it was safe to cross.

***

Because of the light inside her room the first thing she saw out of the window was her reflection. At first she was startled, until she realized that it was just herself.

"Hello there..." She whispered. Ball touched it with a foot, and then placed it back down. She hadn't really looked at herself in her entirety. It was almost as if she was actually standing next to herself, or even another ball.

Is there such thing as another Ball?

There was other humans, but it seemed like Ball existing was a big deal. She decided that there probably was not another Ball, anywhere.