Everyone's Invited

The next day at school a majority of juniors and seniors were wearing halloween costumes. There were no masks allowed, but Ball and David were surprised anyway.
During the time before homeroom in the crowded hall Ball and David couldn't keep their eyes off of Oscar.
Dressed as a vampire with red eyes and professional fangs, Oscar was perpetually being praised.
A junior dressed in werewolf makeup approached him.

“Boop!” Oscar booped the werewolf's nose.
The werewolf in return blushed, and verbally thanked him.
Sitting on top of Oscar's backpack Rocky had a little top hat on and nothing more. Around the stone some candy had been offered by the teens in costume.
“Helb!” He said, inhaling one.

David, followed by Ball went up to Oscar through the crowd.
“Oscar! What is all this?” Ball asked the lad.
“Oh? It's just nearby my halloween party!” Oscar smiled sweetly.
“But why are so many people going up to you and giving you stuff?” David asked him.

“Um, well I guess the word got out. People always want to get in so they try to be my friend but, let me tell you a secret…” Oscar went up to David's ear, “Everybody's invited…” he then picked up Ball, “Even you Ball!” He placed ball on his forearm as if she was a falcon, “It's been a while since we've talked. Maybe lunch?”
“For sure!” Ball exclaimed.
“Cool!” Oscar put her down.
The crowd started to rush over to her to ask her questions.
“You know Oscar?! How!?”
“Can I come to his party please!! I have a plus one but-”
“-I'LL BRING CUPCAKES”

David lifted her up in the air away from the crowd. As nonchalantly as possible he exited the area and into the hall.
He leaned against the wall and let her stand on his head.

“Whaddup David,” Dora said as she exited a locker right next to the 2, “Oh hey Ball. I thought you were dead,” she said as she looked up.
“I was,” Ball said. Dora thought about this.
“You were dead,” She asked.
“Yes,” Ball said.
“But not anymore,” Dora asked.
“Yes,” Ball clarified while still standing on David's head.

“...Is there a heaven?” Dora was legitimately curious.
“It was not really that kind of dead,” Ball said.
“Drat!” I cried for nothing. Dora snapped her fingers.

All 3 of them found themselves looking back over to the crowd surrounding Oscar.
“Y'know I heard this happens every year at the middle school. The closer it is to halloween the closer everyone gets to Oscar. Now he's at the high school,” Dora said.
“..What's all the hype? It's just a party right?” David said crossing his arms.
“Nooo… it's more than a party. It's better than drugs without actually being a drug,” Dora said.

“You've been?” David looked at her.
“Once. You should go. You guys have  had a really tough... couple of days?” Dora said.
“Eh I don’t know. I’m not really a party person,” David said he pretended to look up at Ball, “What do you think Ball?”
Ball sighed.
“I have found no relief in staying at home all the time. Ever since I was created I have made an effort to get out. So I say yes to going,” Ball said in a slower strained tone.

“I guess I’ll go then too,” David said quaintly, “Do we need to wear a costume?”
“No, but it’s kinda lame not to wear a costume, so I would plan to either get one or make one by the end of the week. Because the party starts saturday,” Dora said.
“Are you going to the party this year Dora?” Ball asked, facing her.
“I’m all partied out,” She stuck out her tongue, “Besides, there’ll always be next year,”

***

For the rest of the week David and Ball spent time planning for the party as well as the Craeggs plan. Johnson agreed to help, but was afraid they had to postpone their mission.