Grapes and Cherries

In looking around the downstairs area Ball eventually found an escape pod. She had thought it was closed off to her before, as it was originally behind her when she arrived in the ship.

She pressed a button on the wall that opened up the door. It slid up in a futuristic matter into a rather barren escape pod. It was cool, and somehow even more silent than the rest of the ship.
A robotic audio suddenly shifted on. At the same time, the door slammed shut.
“-.-- .- / .... --- -.-- / - --- / - .... . / ... . .-.. ..-. / -.. . ... - .-. ..- -.-. - / .--. .-.. .- -. . - / .... --- .--. .--. . .-. .-.-.- / - .... . / -.. . ... - .. -. .- - .. --- -. / .. ... / -.-- --- -.-- . .-.. / -.-. .. - -.-- .-.-.- / ... .. -. -.-. . / -.-- --- ..- / . -. - . .-. . -.. / -.-- --- ..- / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / -. --- .-- / . -. .--- --- -.-- / -... . .. -. --. / -.- .. .-.. .-.. . -.. / --- -. / .. -- .--. .- -.-. - / .- -. -.. / .-. . -.-. --- ...- . .-. . -.. .-.-.- / .--. .-.. . .- ... . / .. -. ... . .-. - / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -.. -. .- / -... . ..-. --- .-. . / - .... .. ... / . ... -.-. .- .--. . / .--. --- -.. / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .--- ..- ... - / -.- .. .-.. .-.. / -.-- --- ..- / .-- .. - .... / -. --- / .-. . -.-. --- ...- . .-. -.-- .-.-.- / .. ..-. / -.-- --- ..- / .-- .. ... .... / - --- / - .- -.- . / ... ..- .. -.-. .. -.. . / -.. --- / -. --- - .... .. -. --. .-.-.-” While the computer voice beeped, a drawer slot opened up as if it wanted to collect something. For a while, it didn't say, or do anything.

“Uh?” Ball said to herself. It was too quiet, and it was starting to freak her out. She couldn't escape, and she couldn't understand.
The drawer closed, and the beeping came back.
“ ... ..- .. -.-. .. -.. . / --- .--. . .-. .- - .. --- -. / -.-. .... --- ... . -. .-.-.- / -.-- --- ..- / .- .-. . / . .. - .... . .-. / ... ..- .--. . .-. / ... .- -.. / --- .-. / ... ..- .--. . .-. / -.. ..- -- -... .-.-.- / .--. .-. --- -... .- -... .-.. -.-- / -... --- - .... .-.-.-” It said.
A low click sound was heard, and Ball felt the pod detach itself from the main ship. She then started to feel it dip. It was almost like her imaginary stomach had floated just a little above herself.

Am I going down?

Eventually she couldn't keep herself from floating. She was indeed falling. Wind was starting to rip the sides, and the pod's temperature was beginning to burn her feet. Ball tried to keep herself above the floor, but she just fell into the walls instead.

The ripping air outside couldn't keep down its roar. Now falling faster than her, Ball was stuck on the ceiling of the pod, forced to feel its burn. She was stuck, sound and fright shattering her spirit. The bottom of the pod red and melting. She could barely keep conscious.

***

In the Yoyel suburbs Beta was visiting Frederick at the landfill. The lad's work was the landfill, and it smelled mildly of fish, dirt, and trash bags. They leaned into the walls of the scale house while a nice fire pit burned in front of them.

“I really just don't know what to do,” Beta said with her arms outstretched near the fire. Her breath was seen every time she talked.

“All you can really do is talk about it,” Frederick said with his arms crossed in a casual stance. He had shoulder length dirty blonde hair and was wearing a tan leather jacket that had white puffs inside it to keep him warm. He also wore jeans and steel toed boots. Frederick would've been in his Jr year of high school, if he wasn't homeschooled.

“There is more I could do, but I'm not really sure I want to say anything. In truth, Ball should be killed for what happened. Her and all of the aliens involved. It just makes sense,” Beta said. She looked into the fire and watched it dance.
“Something in your voice tells me that you don't fully believe that,” Frederick said.