Diggs

The next day was a little more chilly than usual. David was wearing a light jacket and Ball had a small heating blanket attached to the back of her backpack.

"Why are you bringing your backpack?" David asked her. They were just outside of the science building.

"Johnson still thinks I am going to school," Ball explained dryly. She looked at the ground. She was in the midst of mixed emotions.

"Oh ok," They walked from the science building on their usual route until any eyes from Johnson were out of the picture. They did so in silence until the suburb started to dot the land with it's purple grass and short shrubs.

"Is there something wrong?" David finally asked, "You're really quiet today,"

"Thoughts are bothering me," She said.

"Oh?" David was ready to listen.

"I am not the only living object," Ball said.

"Well there's Rocky," David mentioned. Cars going into the city passed them by.

"Yes, but even more. But they are created by accident, and are space pests. They are murdered if discovered," Ball looked at the floor still.

"Oh..." David said sadly, "How do the space aliens think of you?"

"I am not sure," Ball said.

"Hmm, well, just think of it this way: There isn't much you can do about it right now, so try not to worry about it. We should just focus on today," David said to her. Ball thought for a moment.

"Do you think I am similar to Johnson?" Ball asked looking up at him.

"W-hy do you ask?"

"Since I am Johnson's object he says that there are things in common with us both, but I think he is a sour man," Ball said looking away again.

"Honestly, I don't know Johnson well enough to make any judgements, but, if you don't want to be like Johnson than you can just go ahead and be yourself," David said. They waited to cross the road.

"I am worried that I will be like him in the future if I just continue like that," Ball said.

"Then be better than Johnson. You're so worried about what you might do, but just being worried is a sign, because you want to be better. Does Johnson?" David tried his best.

"No. He just does whatever he feels like. He has no self control or will to change,"

They walked across the street.

"See, there's a difference!" David said waving his arms up.

"I guess," Ball sighed.

"Cheer up. We're almost there. Maybe after a few hours we could go out to lunch," He suggested.

"I am not hungry," She never was.

"You don't have to eat. Eh-it would just be relaxing," David shrugged his shoulders.

"If you want to," Ball sighed.

A few minutes later they arrived at the house. The front door was wide open, and the yard was surrounded by piles of dirt reminiscent of termite mounds. They reached every end of the property in varying sizes.

The entire scene caught Ball's attention, and she practically lit up.

"For what reason were these created!?" She said curiously. Ball walked up to the mound and tapped it with her foot.

"There's shovel marks. You think she might've put them here?" David observed.

"I would not assume anyone else would have a reason. I just wonder why she would need so much dirt!" Ball looked up at him for a moment before looking back to the mound.