Hello there

It was apparent that she was floating somewhere. She couldn't exactly remember when she had first opened her eyes, but it seemed like for the first time, seeing was making sense to her. For a moment she stuttered a breath.
It was because she felt the need to breathe, but she didn’t have to. She was not drowning in whatever warm liquid she was in. Here, she did not need to inhale to get oxygen, whatever a ball needs oxygen for.

Looking around, she tried to find... something. She didn’t understand what she was looking for, but since she was conscious, and in a place with enough light to see, she was curious. Suddenly she felt that she had legs.

She moved them around kicking them. Looking down, she located them, making her smile for some odd reason. In smiling she also discovered her mouth. She opened it letting the liquid fill her mouth. After that she spit the liquid out and closed her mouth. Because she had looked down to her feet she had discovered that she was white, smooth, and spherical. She didn't have any arms, but the concept of such was lost to her.

Kicking around her legs again, she swam into a glass wall. Before she could look into the wall more, the liquid started to pull her down towards a gray floor. She was confused, but unafraid. The liquid was draining through the floor. Once it was completely drained Ball was no longer floating, but standing.

Her legs quivered under her weight. Almost automatically the glass went up somewhere and man in a lab coat approached Ball. They were in some sort of crowded room with many computers and humans.

“Welcome to life Ball!” The man said. He was a rather tall man with a bigger build and beard. He looked well groomed nonetheless.

“Ahhhhh,” Ball groaned attempting to vocalize. She was incredibly cold, and overwhelmed. She had the innate knowledge of some basic words, but they weren't exactly all there yet. She knew that she was called Ball. This knowledge was also innate.

The other scientists gathered over to her and kneeled down to her level.

“It's nice to meet you ball!”

“Hello there Ball!”

“Feeling ok?”

Ball’s legs lost their strength so she fell on her behind. Nobody was giving her space to breathe. Overwhelmed still, she groaned again.

“Ahhhh… I… stop!” She got the words in her mouth and commanded. The scientists jumped back and squealed in their own excited manner.

“I am professor Johnson. I am the head of this operation. You, are my creation,” The bearded scientist Johnson said, “Do you know who you are?”

“I… I am Ball,” Ball got up on her feet again and tried to convert her thoughts into words. The crowd kept all of their eyes on her.

“That is correct. Let's get you situated Ball. I want to know all about you,” Johnson started to walk through the crowd when he turned around to notice that Ball was not following him, “Come on! It's easy!”

Ball was really starting to feel that there were eyes on her. It made her nervous, but she attempted to walk anyway. Within a single successful step she began to alternate her legs to walk, “Come along now,” Johnson continued. He was being followed by the other scientists, to which he told them to give them some space.

“What is this place?” Ball asked as they walked through a hall.

“This is the main building for the Federal Science and Discovery Commission. It's in a city in Yoyleland, called Yoyle City. You will come to see this place as your home,” He explained.

Ball couldn't help but look deeply into every crevice and shine as they continued on. She wish she had time to take it all in.
How the marble floor chilled and gave traction under her feet, how far up the walls went until they were interrupted by a ceiling which was something out of reach.