:Chapter Thirty-Two:

[Warning: Language]

I only had a day to prepare to move. My transfer was finalized yesterday and I'm getting my things ready for me to move out. With only one bag with me, I went to the living room and saw my older sister sitting at the couch. The moment she saw me, she stood up, tears flooding her eyes. 

"Are you ready?" She asked, coming closer. I only nodded.

My other things will be brought later, all I needed to do was be in Kyoto within the day. It was nine in the morning, the sky was clear and the sun was bright. A total opposite of what I'm feeling. 

The autumn wind passed by as I stepped out of the gate, comforting me with its gentle yet cold breeze. I started walking to the station and thoughts kept popping up as I took steps forward. The image of Ai-chan's tsuntsun face. The image of Tsuko-chan's encouraging cheers. The image of Nagai-kun's friendly smile. And the image of Haizaki-kun playing basketball.

It might be simple to say I just needed to call them or visit them whenever I'm free. But with a father like my dad, it would be impossible. Training to be the proper daughter for the Kida family? It only means that my actions will be limited and wherever I'd go, I need an escort. No phones, no gadgets, TV will be fine, but communication will be totally out in order for me to be 'tamed'.

Today I would start living a different life in a different school and a different home. Nee-chan could visit whenever she's free, and will always celebrate Christmas with me in Kyoto. That was her promise;s she would never leave me alone with a father like that. But even though I could see nee-chan, I would never see Ai-chan, Tsuko-chan, and Nagai-kun again. 

I felt tears trickle down.

I would never see Haizaki-kun ever again. 

I should have called them, saying that this day will be my last with them. But I didn't want to see them. And I did see them, I think I'll run away from my dad. And if I did run away, he'd make the lives of my friends like a living hell. And I don't want that to happen.

I think I could still watch the Winter Cup on TV but it's different from being there physically to cheer them on. I wish I could be there for the team. I wish I could be there for Haizaki-kun.

~*~*~

Today's quiet. Too quiet. The peace and quietness was somehow making me restless and I didn't know why but I just tried to ignore the feeling.

I came to school the usual time. The usual time meaning a period late. I slid the door open and went to my seat which was found at the back by the door. I stared out and the uneasy feeling was there, bugging me at the back of my brain. 

The next teacher appeared and everyone went back to their seats, calming down and getting ready to start another boring lesson. Boring people, boring day. But the last few months, there was someone who made my boring life turn 180 degrees. 

I shook my head. Why am I suddenly remembering her? I should think about other things and not her. Like girls or girls. And more girls. But not her.

It was finally lunch break when the bell finally rang. The last teacher for the morning slid open the door and stepped out. Everyone stuck their tables together and brought out their lunch. Others went out to buy bread and something to drink. While others decided to eat out.

I yawned and decided to buy myself yakisoba bread and maybe a box of juice. When I stepped out of the room, there was the restless feeling again. I shoved it backp at the back of my head and did my best to act normal. But the moment I turned to look at a familair brunette with a familar girl who wore glasses, walking side by side with their lunches in hand, I suddenly realized she was not with them.