:Chapter Ten:

Well, my blood boiled after that. Glaring at nothing but the air. Then I heard foot steps walk towards where I am. The two just stared at the opened gate with their mouths hanging open.

I asked them to go inside and closed the door behind me, walking towards the living room. Nagai-kun sat at the couch, while me and Tsuko-chan sat on the carpeted floor. Silence filled the living room as I fiddled with my fingers.

Nagai-kun coughed and earned our attentions again. He first took a glance at his wrist watch before saying something. "Well, it's late. Etsuko, we need to go home."

Tsuko-chan nodded, standing up and grabbing her bag. "Right. Thanks for the light dinner, Koki-chan." She said, smiling as we started to walk towards the door.

I followed right behind them towards the gate. The first stopped to say their final good bye as I flashed them a smile. "Thank you so much for the help. And welcome. You know, for the light dinner."

"We'll be leaving now. See you tomorrow, Kida-san." Tsuko-chan and Nagai-kun started to walk away as I waved my hands in the air, bidding them good bye.

When I can no longer see their figures nor their shadows, I closed the gate and went inside my house. In my room, I laid down on my bed and stared at the white ceiling. As I stared at the ceiling, thoughts suddenly ran inside my head, suddenly bringing me to remember my past.

I shifted my position to look at the right side and stare at the pink wall. A memory suddenly flashed inside my head. The memory of seeing my parents fight in front of me and my older sister when we were younger. Then the memory of my father packing his things inside a bag, while my mother was stopping him by returning them back inside the closet. And thank goodness she finally made him stop.

I groaned and messed my brown hair as I stood up from my bed. "Why do I keep on remembering that dreadful past? Everything's okay now. No need to remember."

Suddenly, I heard the door downstairs open and close with a loud sound. Curious why my Nee-chan was acting like that, I went out of my room and ran towards where Nee-chan was.

An enraged Kida Maki greeted my ruby irises. A question mark popped out of my forehead as I stared at her. Her hands are still folded on her chest as she returned my stares with glares.

"Kida Koki, where have you been?" She asked, tapping her feet on the ground, showing impatience.

I raised my eyebrow but returned my expression to the questioning one. "I was home."

"That's not what I'm talking about." I slumped her bag on the couch. She brushed passed me with her angry-at-the-world face, her hands still crossed from her chest.

I followed her to the kitchen, watching her rampage through the refrigerator. Nee-chan slammed the refrigerator closed and just sat on the dining room table, her head leaning on her palms. She sighed and wiped her face with her hands.

When she finally felt my presence, she stared at me first before changing the look on her face. I was taken a back when she glared at me. I shifted my posture and tried to talk to her what was wrong. But she beat me to it.

"Why were you skipping classes?" Nee-chan asked me.

I just stood there, frozen as I scanned my brain for an excuse. An excuse that can get me out of this box. I roamed my eyes around the dining room as if I'm looking for an answer.

She slammed her palms on the table,making me flinch in shock. "Damn it Koki!" Nee-chan exclaimed in anger, glaring daggers at me. "How could papa accept the both of us if he found out that you were slacking off?"