:Chapter Twenty-One:

[Warning: Language used]

I turned around, feeling my heart beat faster. Sweat started to form on my forehead and my worry just tripled after hearing that.

"What was that?" Ai-chan asked beside me as she also eyed the way where we were from.

"I hope it's not what I think it is." Tsuko-chan said, her hand clasped together.

"I think I'll go check it out." I said and lifted my foot to go forward.

Ai-chan nodded. "We'll go with you."

We were just walking because we didn't want to assume. Maybe that wasn't Fuko-san. Maybe someone was watching a horror movie and shouted when a ghost suddenly showed up.

But that's not what my gut's telling me. It's telling me something dangerous; that maybe Fuko-san's in danger. So I fastened my pace to which my friends imitated.

We reached Haizaki-kun's apartment without any problems―is what we wished. But what we found is so alarming that sent me frozen in place. I found Ai-chan also frozen, but Tsuko-chan immediately rushed towards Fuko-san to try and comfort her. Haizaki-kun had his fist ready to punch Ayumu-san who was drunk but still conscious. Ayumu-san also had his hands balled into a fist but we found his right cheek red, meaning Haizaki-kun already punched him.

I have to be strong. I told myself. If I want to help, I have to be strong.

It seems Ai-chan also regained her composure and rushed towards where Fuko-san was.

"What happened, Fuko-san?" Ai-chan asked.

"I was about to go to the convenient store and met Ayumu-kun here." Fuko-san explained, her hands slightly shaking. "He asked for money but when I couldn't give him, he grabbed my arm and about to slap me when Sho-chan suddenly appeared and punched him."

"You try that again and I'll make sure you'll never stand up again!" Haizaki-kun suddenly shouted, making us turn our heads to where they were.

Haizaki-kun was getting ready to attack the older male when I decided to get in between. "Haizaki-kun, stop."

"This your girlfriend, Shogo-kun?" He asked and gave me shrill-worthy gaze. "You've got taste."

I felt a strong grasp on my wrist and Haizaki-kun pulled me away from Ayumu-san. "Don't look at her like that."

"Why getting possessive all of a sudden?" Ayumu-san asked, a hint of ridicule in his voice.

"Ayumu-kun, please stop." Fuko-san pleaded at the side to where Ayumu-san looked at to glare at her.

"Shut up." He growled at Fuko-san. "Don't talk to me, you bitch."

"Don't talk to my sister like that!" Haizaki-kun moved forward to attack Ayumu-san but I immediately took hold of his arm and disabled him to take at least one step. But nevertheless, he tried to move forward with his hand balled tightly. "You fucker should just die!"

"Then come at me, shithead!" Ayumu-san dared, glaring at him while wearing a taunting smirk.

"Oh I'm coming." Haizaki-kun charged as if I wasn't holding him down. He was strong, no wonder from an athlete. But I tried to slow him down by putting much more weight.

Then I heard a click of a tongue. "Heh, whatever." Ayumu-san said and turned around. "Do whatever bullshit you want. Just leave me alone." Then he slightly turned to glare at Fuko-san. "Especially you, bitch."

We all watch his back as his figure slowly disappeared into the night, his hands inside his pockets. Haizaki-kun stopped moving but still had his glare deep into Ayumu-san and his fists still ready to punch. But I let him go as I thought he wouldn't do anything anymore.