:Chapter Thirty-One:

The awfully familiar disapproving look was written all over my father's face as he glared at me. His glares were truly sharp and I could feel my heart wounded by its blade.

At the corner of my eye, I could see a familiar figure and turned my gaze to her. Her face was bright with satisfaction, a small smile plastered on her perfect face. Her long, black hair cascading down her figure, framing her perfectly. Her black eyes said everything. They explained everything.

I wanted to be thankful because she was doing this for my sake, but what she did had the opposite effect that could worsen my situation.

"What's up with the old man?" I heard Haizaki-kun asked beside me, eyeing my father with an eyebrow raised.

I turned to him, eyes wide in shock and in growing anger. "He's come to make a conclusion."

"Conclusion?"

I felt my throat tighten as I nodded, suddenly feeling scared and hopless. I had to keep this a secret. I needed to keep being a manger a secret. Because I knew if ever he knew he'd immediately pull me out of school. I know there's nothing wrong with joining a club and being a manger for a basketball club is remarkable, but for him this is nothing but a way to neglect studies. Joining a club is not worthwhile. I believe that's what he's thinking.

I was really happy that Fuko-san did this for my sake but I was feeling angry at her for what she did. All she did was only bring me trouble by bringing my father here. And instead of lengthening my stay here at Fukuda Sogo, she just shortened it.

"Can I help you with something?" The coach asked my father as my father still had his sight in me with his piercing eyes.

He removed his eyes and wore his usual business look and faced the coach. "I'm here to visit my daughter."

"Your daughter?" The coach echoed.

"Yes," my father nodded, "can I have a moment with you?"

I don't know what he wanted with the coach but I was having goosebumps as the coach led him out of the gymnasium. Ishida-senpai forced everyone to continue with practice as they still had their eyes glued to the famous business tycoon of Japan. I can't blame them for acting like that. If he weren't my father, I'd think he's an amazing person to able to dominate the business world along with Akashi Masaomi. Other than the air of intimidation, he had the aura of class around him.

I was almost done with my managerial duties but I don't have the the heart to finish everything when I know that Fuko-san was there, standing by the doors to the gymnasium. I wanted ti lash out, to speak in a very loud voice, telling her what she did was wrong. But I know that Fuko-san only did what she thought would be helpful.

I can't control the rushing anger inside me, and I don't want to release that anger because I know I'll lash out at the most important person to Haizaki-kun. And I don't want that. I tried to ignore Fuko-san and I won't make eye contact because I know the moment we'd see each other eye to eye, I'll go berserk.

I was finally outside, hanging the laundry when I could feel someone's presence behind me.

"Koki-chan?" 

Deciding to just face Fuko-san, I turned around with an emotionless face because I had no idea how to face her right now. "Can I help you with something, Fuko-san?" I asked instead, trying to remain calm.

"Koki-chan, I just--I just understood that what I did--"

I cut her off. "I know that you're just doing this for me, Fuko-san. But it made you just look like a nosy big sister."