:Chapter Fifteen:

"You've been going to the convenience store lately." My sister greeted as I stepped inside the kitchen and laid down the bag on the kitchen table. "On top of that, you're going to the ones that are actually far away from here."

"It's not that far away." I said, getting my drink and opened it to take a big gulp.

My sister watched me drink, her stares bore holes that I can't stand. Her eyes were so focused that I lost focus with my drink. "What?" I asked innocently.

"Don't 'what' me." She said, her tone suddenly dripping with anger. "Who are you seeing there?"

"I'm just going to the convenience store!" I defended. "What's wrong with that?"

"My point is you're surprisingly taking a lot of effort just going there. If you wan't to go, there's a convenience store near our house."

Her hands were crossed on her chest, staring deeply into me. Like she's trying to read my thoughts. I kept my eyes away from her, fear of being found out.

But I think she caught on. "I think you're hiding something from me."

I coughed, my drink suddenly going the wrong way as it suddenly decided to enter my respiratory tract instead of my digestive system. "No. I'm not hiding something from you."

"Does Aiko and Etsuko know?"

I slowly looked away. "No."

She sighed and gave up. "If you don't want us to know then okay. But I hope you know what you're doing."

I nodded. "Okay."

She went ahead to her room. I stayed for a while and thought of everything. For the past few weeks, is this really worth it? Following him, getting yelled at, and having a fight with one of my best friends. Is it really worth it?

Thinking only made me sleepy so I packed everything away and went to my room to sleep.

I laid down, my pink blanket hugging me tight to keep me warm. Yes I was sleepy but the thoughts kept me awake no matter how many times I twist and turn on my bed.

It was a sleepless night and before I knew it, it was already morning. The sun was slightly up, making a slight orange hue on the sky, overpowering the violet and deep blue.

I groaned as I placed my hands on top of my eyes, covering them from the bright light. "It's already morning?"

I had no time to sleep. And besides, onee-chan was already knocking on my door. "Koki-chan, are you awake?"

I groaned and sat up. "Yeah, I'm awake."

Since last night. I continued inside my head.

After a few stretches, I finally stood up and fixed my bed. A few yawns then went out of my room, towel in hand. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and wiped my face dry with my towel.

My reflection stared back at me. And I stared back at her. As I stared, thoughts came rushing in. Thoughts that made me guilty―made me feel that everything I've been doing now is wrong.

Is everything really worth it?

***

My mind kept on floating during classes. It was a good thing the teacher didn't notice or I would be dead. Especially since one of my teachers loves to mock her students by asking them to recite.

I sighed. The day was ending faster than I thought and I still haven't made up with Ai-chan.

"Koki-chan." I heard someone call. "Are you ready to go home?"