:Chapter Three:

"Mou~" I whined in boredom as I stared at Ai-chan, who's currently writing something on her notebook. "Aren't you finished yet?"

She shifted her attention to me for a second then swiveled them back to her notes. "Could you please wait for a minute?" She asked, annoyance in her tone. "I'm almost done. Three more paragraphs."

I whined again as I slouched on my seat, a bored expression on my face. It's been three hours and she's not yet done with copying what's on that Biology textbook. I don't even understand her. She's smart enough to not study for a month and yet she's still studying. I heaved out my nth sigh as my eyes became duller in boredom.

Annoyed, Ai-chan placed her mechanical pencil on the table as she sighed in annoyance. "If you're bored, then find a good book to read. We're in the public library after all."

"But I'm not into reading." I replied staring at the three volumes of a Biology textbook Ai-chan borrowed.

Ai-chan sighed and picked her mechanical pencil as she shifted her attention back to the book she was copying earlier. She gave me another glance before starting to write again. "Then study with me."

My eyes turned to look at her while they dulled out. "I'm not like you." I said in a 'duh' tone. "I don't like studying."

"Ah, that's why your grades were falling." Ai-chan mocked with a snicker on her face while I scowled in annoyance, a vein popping out of my head.

"They're not falling!"

***

I stretched my hands in the air as I heaved out some air. "Thank goodness!" I exclaimed in glee as I inhaled the afternoon air. "That took you forever to finish!"

As I swiveled my head to look at my best friend, she scowled at me and adjusted her rimmed glasses with her right hand. "Shut up and let's get going. Aunt Kazue would be happy to see you."

I nodded my head and happily followed her as I skipped. But my body came in contact with her's. I rubbed my forehead where the back of her head made contact and about to shout at her for pausing without telling me when suddenly I saw her glowing and reddened face. I found her staring at the air and decided to follow her gaze.

A smirk came crawling on my face while I pinched Ai-chan's waist. "I think someone's in love!" I teased as I wiggled my eyebrows.

Ai-chan clicked her tongue in annoyance as she looked away from me, her cheeks turning into the shade of pink. "What are you talking about?"

"You don't have to be shy." I swung my left hand into her left shoulder and poked her reddened right cheek. "You could tell me everything."

She shoved my finger away from her cheek and glared at me while she adjusted her glasses again. "I have nothing to tell you. Let's just go. I'm sure Aunt Kazue's waiting for us."

Before I could follow her, I trailed my eyes to look at the green-head teenager at the other side of the road. He's also wearing glasses like Ai-chan and tapes his left hand. He's also holding a stuffed panda bear.

I hummed and placed my right index finger on my chin and stared at him for a while. Then realization struck me. He's Ai-chan's neighbor and childhood crush. My eyes widened in shock and moved my feet to catch up to Ai-chan while a mischievous smirk appeared on my face.

Walking through Ai-chan's neighborhood, I kept on bringing up Midorima-kun as our main topic. But she kept on changing the topic about food, clothes, school and the incoming Winter Cup this winter.

I pouted when she changed the topic again. "Mou~" I whined while I rolled to the other side of her bed. "Why don't you want to talk about Midorima-kun?" It's been ten minutes after we arrived at her house and she still keeps on changing the topic. But this girl won't give up.