:Chapter Thirteen:

A Monday with a light breeze brushing through my hair. It was a bit chilly but I can manage.

The path to school was filled with students from different year and section along with some chatters about the new drama from last night, a band that will be having a tour, the Biology homework that will be passed later, and a test that's suppose to happen today.

I was walking alone as I heard my name being shouted behind me. Curious, I turned around and big, brown eyes along with a big smile greeted me.

"Good morning, Koki-chan." Tsuko-chan greeted.

I greeted her back and smiled.

We continued to walk as we chatted about anything that came to mind but avoided anything that can relate to what happened last Saturday and kept on straying away from it. We agreed to forget everything about that day but it seems Ai-chan can't.

She kept on ignoring me―she doesn't talk to me or even give me a glimpse. I know it was my fault and I know what I did was wrong but I'm getting irritated―and I know I shouldn't be.

It was lunch time when we decided to have lunch at our usual place. We plopped down on the grass and ate in silence. The awkward atmosphere surrounded us and it felt so uncomfortable. I felt that Tsuko-chan wanted to kill the annoying silence. She opened her mouth but none went out. Not even her breath.

"Thank you for the meal." Ai-chan said and started to fix her lunch box.

I just sat there, my eyes focused on my lunch but cannot move my hands to hold my chopsticks. Tsuko-chan ate but it took her about a minute to shove food inside her mouth. She was slow. And this silly fighting is the reason for that.

Ai-chan was about to get up with her lunch box in hand. She slightly turned around and gave Tsuko-chan a nod but didn't even spare me a glance. It irritated me. But I said nothing because I have no right to feel this way.

But she already knew why I had to do that. I hissed inside my head. I have to speak up. I know I have to.

Ai-chan turned around, moved one foot forward. But I know I have to go and talk to her. If I don't, this petty fighting will take a month.

"Ai-chan." I called out but she didn't stop walking away so I called her again. "Ai-chan."

She once again ignored me. Her figure finally disappeared through the trees and bushes and a weary sigh escaped my lips. Ai-chan is hard to please.

"Maybe we should give her time?" Tsuko-chan gave my shoulder a comforting squeeze as we watched the leaves of the trees and the bushes being blown my the wind.

I sighed again.

I think she's right.

***

School ended faster than I thought it should. Especially now since I'm in a slight fight with Ai-chan.

I didn't get to talk to her during breaks. She kept reading her manga and stayed on her seat almost the whole afternoon. I only get to talk to Tsuko-chan and a few classmates.

The afternoon ended not-so-smoothly with Ai-chan picking up her bag and bidding Tsuko-chan a goodbye but didn't even give me a slight glimpse.

I have to admit that I already miss talking to her but everytime I try talking or even try to approach her she'd either ignore me or continue whatever she was doing―which is either continue to read her manga or rewrite her notes. But this time, I'm no longer irritated. I just want this to end. I just want Ai-chan and I to finally talk again. But I think that won't happen even after a few days.

I sighed and went out of the classroom with Tsuko-chan.

"Maybe sooner or later Aiko-chan will talk to you." Tsuko-chan reassured me.

I didn't say anything as I stared down. She continued to comfort and reassured me but somehow it didn't help. Especially since we're talking about the person whose hard as stone. And when that person is as hard as stone, it's hard to approach her.

I sighed again.

I just want this to end.

Tsuko-chan and I parted ways minutes later. She took the opposite way as I took the other one. Well, actually we use the same way home and I just decided to take a small detour home. I'm sure onee-chan won't mind.

There was a nearby convenience store just around the corner but I didn't actually had the time to go there because of schoolwork. But I suddenly want ice cream so I'll grab me one before I go home.

"Welcome." The man at the counter greeted as I turned to go to where the ice creams were. Somehow from the voice I've heard, it sounded familiar. But ignored it anyway with a shrug.

Then an interesting issue of a magazine caught my eye and decided to scan it or even think of buying before heading to the refrigerator for the ice creams but ended up not taking it because of the sole reason of my wallet running empty with cash. I brought it out and I only had the exact change for ice cream.

I guess I'll have to get my wallet fat starting next week.

As I returned the magazine to its rightful place, I didn't notice myself roaming my eyes around the place and landed on something very familiar.

My eyes widen in shock and my heart suddenly jumped almost out of my rib cage. I can't believe what I saw but the sight was enough proof.

I can't react properly as I don't even know how to react to this. But I decided to keep quiet and hid behind the magazines as I spied through.