:Chapter Twenty-Five:

"Kida, can you get this?"

"Yes."

"Kida-san, water."

"Right away."

"Kida, where are the towels?"

"Over here."

"Are there tapes?"

"Here."

"Food~!"

"Eh?"

Every since Haizaki-kun was accepted as another member of the team, Ishida-senpai agreed to let me in as a manager. He was hesitant at first, thinking if they really needed a manager, but when the other players inside the gymnasium heard our conversation, they immediately complained and urged for the captain to take me in as a manager.

So three days after, I'm being tortured by the players, asking me to get this and to do that. As I worked hard, I could sense Haizaki-kun's mocking smirk as his eyes followed me wherever I go. It was making me uncomfortable and because of that, my performance was affected. I tried to ignore his gaze but a bead of sweat rolled down on my cheek as discomfort finally paved it's way inside my chest.

"Haizaki-kun!" I exclaimed, stomping closer to where he was standing. "Could you please stop watching me?"

He raised an eyebrow. "Whoever said I was watching you?"

"I could feel your stares, Haizaki-kun." I placed my hands on my hips and acted like I was the boss; like I wasn't scared of him. "And I cought you once so don't go acting like you weren't looking at me."

"It's because I wasn't looking at you, idiot." He persisted, a scowl forming on his face. It was obvious he's getting irritated. He flashed me another scowl before going back to practice.

I just watched him walk away. The clipboard on my hand suddenly felt heavy as my senses weakened. I'm officially getting tired. I need a break.

But no matter how tired I was, the players were fun to be with and I slowly got comfortable. I thought Ishida-senpai would be scary and strict but he was actually kind and understanding. Though at times he'd scold some players, he still kept his head cool.

It was my fifth day of being the manager of Fukuda Sogo's basketball club and I was adjusting to the new environment just fine. The gym was cleaned and everything was put to to their proper places. Before we could go home, there were a few reminders from the coach and from the captain.

"We'll be having our last practice tomorrow for the interhigh preliminaries." Coach said. Every attention was on him; every pairs of eyes stared at him and every ears were listening to him. Toxicity was dripping from the coach's tone, scaring the first years and pressuring the seniors. "Better get ready for the worst."

Instead of the players getting scared, I was the one who had shivers and I wasn't the one playing. I decided to get a slight glimpse to see Haizaki-kun's reaction but all he had was a bored look. My jaw dropped at his laid-back attitude. He doesn't feel nervous or pressured. Heh, good for him.

After a few dicussions, the coach finally dismissed us and I changed my clothes to my uniform. When I finally got out of the changing room and out of the school building, I spotted Haizaki-kun walking home alone and I immediately rushed to his side.

"Hi." I greeted but he ignored me, still I remained walking beside him. I felt the night wind rush pass me. It was comforting but the silence wasn't. I tried speaking up but the scary aura radiating from Haizaki-kun was enough to shut me up. But that didn't stop me from speaking... maybe a little bit.