TEN ▶ GOODNIGHT ROSE

Faye smiled when she saw Stefan out of the tomb for the first time since his release. It softened the blow she had received the night before, hearing Elijah's story of her family. The whole thing was something she was trying to put in the back of her head and seeing Stefan helped.

"I am so glad you're out of the tomb," Faye said as she hugged him tight. "Damon was so boring."

Stefan laughed. "And I'm better?"

"Broody vampire for the win, okay. Damon just sits there and drones on and on about what happened on the latest episode of Dexter," she told him. "I don't even understand that show."

"Well, now that I'm back, you don't have to hear it anymore," he said with a grin. "Elena told me to get me out she had to make a deal that Elijah could speak with you. What the hell did he want?"

Faye shook her head, telling him she wasn't going to answer. She knew Stefan would understand, but he would be quick to try to make sure she was still on his side in the whole protecting Elena situation. "I am not ready to talk about that. What he said kind of messed me up."

"Messed you up? Is it bad?"

"No," Faye assured him. "It's just something I really gotta' figure out on my own."

Stefan raised a brow at her. "Are we keeping secrets from each other now? I didn't think that's what pack mates did." 

For a moment, Faye thought he was upset by the fact she wasn't ready to speak about what happened, but his teasing tone told her otherwise. She scoffed at him before punching him in the shoulder.

"Ow! You're stronger than me so that actually hurts."

She grinned wickedly. "It was meant to."

"Are you guys actually bickering like twelve-year-olds?" Elena's voice cut into the room. She walked in, causing both the vampire and hybrid's eyes to fall on her.

"Stefan's bullying me." Faye accused, only to be ignored by them both.

Stefan and Elena were to distracted to care. As always, they gravitated towards each other and met in a sweet kiss. Faye balked at the sight. Elena, in turn, rolled her eyes and continue to kiss her boyfriend in spite of her.

"Good morning," Elena hummed before Stefan responded the same. "I don't want us to be apart anymore. Ever," she then said.

"Me neither, but..."

"Don't ruin the moment." Elena silenced him with a kiss, trying to stop him from ruining her good mood. When Stefan did not respond, though, she frowned and pulled away from him. "You're about to ruin the moment, aren't you?"

Faye stepped in with a fake smile playing on her lips. "Then how about I do it. You both should really stop making out in front of me."

Elena huffed at the hybrid before backing away from Stefan. The Salvatore sighed at the movement and sat down on his bed. "Look, I can't just pretend like everything is okay."

"Katherine's locked away in the tomb," Elena told him as if it meant there was no danger in the world.

Faye gave her look, knowing she wasn't that stupid to forget the main problem at hand. "There's still that pressing little issue of you becoming a sacrificial lamb or did you forget?" She asked.

Elena sighed as she walked over to one of Stefan's draws and opened it. She took out a bottle of vervain that had been placed in there for safe keeping as she replied. "No, I didn't forget," she finally said to Faye. "But, Elijah promised to keep me and everyone else safe as long as we play by his rules."