THIRTY NINE ▶ THE "L" WORD

Hearing her cell phone blaring at full blast was something she didn't want in the morning. Eight was too early for anyone to be ringing her with anything important. Supernatural business didn't usually start until around ten.

Faye groggily lifted her head, turning it to look over at her phone on her night stand. She groaned, face plummeting back into the pillow. She wasn't ready to start her day just yet, not after having barely any sleep.

Her night had been a long one. After telling Elijah that his brother had been killed, the stench of guilt, anger, and grief filled the home. They made Faye want to puke and it kept her up most of the night, tossing and turning. She couldn't help but feel the least bit guilty, seeing as his brother died at the hands of most of her pack.

When the phone produced another loud tone, she huffed and reached for it. Faye pressed answer with her eyes barely open to see the caller's name. She pressed the phone to her ear and spoke.

"You have three minutes to say what you need because it's early and I am too tired for this." She simply put it.

"Meet me at the Lockwood cellar at noon?"

Faye shot up in her bed at the voice on the other line, her mouth gaping. She had waited for what felt like forever to hear it again ever since the voicemail. 

"Tyler?" She said to him. She remembered what he had said and she nodded feverishly, "Yeah. Yeah, of course. I can meet you there."

"Good." He replied, "I'll see you then." 

He hung before she could say anything else, which was a whole lot. She wanted to know everything and anything he could tell her. Where was he all this time? Why didn't he answer her calls? Did he break the sire bond? Faye was sure she would get all of her answers later and it eased her.

A large smile broke out on her face as she stared down at her phone. Faye dared to let out a girlish squeal in excitement. Her boyfriend, who she had missed dearly over the past few miserable weeks, was back. 

She fell back on to her pillow, letting out the deep breath in relief that things were going her way.

__

"Salvatores?" Faye called as she walked into the boarding house. She had gotten ready pretty fast that morning due to her excitement of seeing her boyfriend again, so she had time to kill. 

Visiting Stefan who was supposed to keep an eye on Alaric and seeing how the progress was going with getting the other him to come out and spill the beans seemed like the best option out of the few. The other was helping decorate for the dance, but since Rebekah had taken reign with the help of Matt and pissed off Caroline, she wasn't for it.

"Faye, hey." Stefan came into view, holding a bottle of liquor and two glasses, "What are you doing here?"

"Checking in." Faye told him, "Hoping Alaric's dark side has come out yet. Which has it?"

Stefan shook his head and held up the bottle he had, "That's the reason I have this. Hoping he'll fall asleep as soon as he gets some in him." He looked towards her with a quirked eyebrow, "Wanna' help?"

"Please. I have a lot of time to kill." Faye responded, "Lead the way." 

Stefan gestured for her to follow him. The two made their way down to the cellar where the door was shut tight for precautions and Alaric laid on the cot with his eyes closed. The minute Faye and Stefan arrived outside the door, he spoke up.

"Do you know how hard it is to fall asleep when that is what you're supposed to do?" He asked.

"Well, do not worry, Faye is here." Stefan told him, "Maybe she can bore you to sleep with one of her talks about science."