TWO ▶ TEAM FAYMON

chapter two

chapter two

❧ ❧ ❧

  Faye Daniels, in the duration of two weeks, mourned parents she did not remember, studied her butt off so she could pass an entry exam to become a junior in high-school, passed it, and begun her new life. She wasted no time to conform to the human lifestyle she was sure she once knew, and she didn't mind it. She wanted to bite the head off of her math teacher sometimes and other students, but playing dainty human worked well for her. Stefan got her in to volunteer work and she slowly was on her way to becoming the golden child of Mystic Falls.

  She didn't have to play the role that day, though. Faye could be her hybrid self and do whatever she wanted. What she wanted to do, on the sunny day in Mystic Falls, was sleep in. Damon Salvatore will not ever allow her to do what she wanted, though.

  "Good morning," Damon spoke up, causing her to crack open her eyes. He laid in bed next to her, his usual cocky grin on his face. She huffed, shutting it again.

  "Get out of my room."

  Damon clicked his tongue and shook his head no. "This is my house, so this room is mine too."

  "I don't care," Faye groaned out. "Go away."

  "You're not a morning person are you, little red?" The vampire asked, pulling a pout. Faye rolled her eyes at him, especially at what he had called her.

  "I don't like that nickname."

  "What about Amnesia?" She hated him. Faye kept quiet as Damon patiently waited for her to balk at the nickname. She would have, but she wasn't going to give him the satisfaction. "There's no protest."

  The hybrid sat up fully and narrowed her eyes down at him. "What do you want?"

  "You're getting out for the day," he said, demanding rather than offering. "We got invited to a BBQ and we're going to stick some silver in to Mason Lockwood, just to see if it works."

  "Sounds like you got it planned out."

  "I do."

  "Sorry I can't attend, though," she lied straight through her teeth. Faye slid out of her bed, making sure to adjust the pjs she wore carefully. Damon moved to sit up and watched as she crossed the floor of her room. "Got to go to school."

  "It's the weekend," Damon countered, smirking. She silently cursed herself for thinking it would work as an excuse. "Also, you don't willingly go to school. Stefan had to drag you the other day because you didn't want to see people."

  Faye whirled around at the mention of the incident and threw her hands up in the air. "They ask questions about being missing and keep saying 'I'm sorry'," she defended herself. "It's been two weeks since I found out. I mourned people I couldn't remember. They can stop having fake sympathy. Also, that doesn't even include the shy ones who stare at me like I'm a freak."