SEVEN ▶ DOPPELGANGERS

Faye stared at Rose who sat across from her on one of the sofa's. She had met her after she had come home from Caroline's last night. Faye's immediate reaction was to bite her, but Stefan was lucky enough to stop her on time. Now, Rose held a grudge over her.

"Elena's here." Faye said as she smelled the air. Elena's scent over whelmed her.

Stefan sighed, "I'll never get used to our hybrid doorbell."

Damon got up from his seat and walked towards the door. He answered it just when Elena was about to knock. She gave him a confused expression.

"Faye sniffed you out." Damon told her, "Hello Elena."

"Is Stefan here?" She asked him, "He called. He said it was important."

Damon nodded towards the parlor, "Right this way."

Stefan arrived as they were walking through the hall, "Hey."

"What is this about?" Elena asked him. Rose walked up behind Stefan at the right moment, causing the doppelganger to scowl, "You."

"Okay. No cat fights. We all need to have a chat. How about in the parlor?" Damon suggested and entered the room where Faye was curled up on the sofa.

"Good morning, dopplewhore." Faye greeted her with a wave.

Elena rolled her eyes at the hybrid before moving her legs so she could sit down next to her. Faye. Stefan turned towards Rose and gave her the signal to start talking.

"Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus, I know he's real." Rose told them.

Elena frowned, "Who is he?"

"He's one of the originals, he's a legend." Damon informed her..

"From the first generation of vampires." Stefan said.

Faye grinned excitedly, "Cool."

"Like Elijah?" Elena asked them.

Rose shook her head, "No. Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal."

Stefan spoke up next, "Klaus is known to be the oldest."

"He's probably super hot to- OW!" Faye held her leg where Elena had pinched her, "Bitch!"

Elena rolled her eyes at Faye before looking at the three vampire before her, "Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?"

"Yes."

"No." Stefan told her at the same time as Rose.

Damon sighed, "What they're saying is, I mean if what she's saying is true..."

Rose scowled at him, "Which it is."

"And you're not saying it so I don't kill you." Faye flashed Rose a fangy grin.

"Which I'm not."

Damon shrugged, "Then we're looking at a solid maybe."

"Look, Elijah's dead, right? So no one else even knows that you exist." Stefan said.

"Not that you know of." Rose told her.

Faye groaned, "That's not helping."

"Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know if he's real. For all we know he could just be some sort of stupid bed time story." Stefan said, trying to assure himself more than Elena.