FIFTY FIVE ▶ NIGHT CHANGES

Faye took in a deep breath as she glanced up at the Gilbert house. She wasn't supposed to be there, especially not at five am on the day she was supposed to be at home preparing for a journey to find the cure. Damon had told her to stay away because he knew Klaus had an affect on her that no one else did, but at the same time he couldn't stop her.

She had to be there. A night full of tossing and turning in her bed, thinking about the man holded up in the home of his enemy and the only thing he could possibly do was stare at his dead brother. Faye couldn't stand the fact they had left him there alone in pieces and it was causing her to lose sleep. So, in the end, she got out of her bed, packed and overnight bag all because she was worried about a man who used to make her life hell.

Oh, how the times have changed. She used to hate him and now she's going out of her way to make sure he was okay. She was even supposed to still be upset with him and have him begging for her forgiveness! Faye was weak now; weak when it came to the idea of Klaus in tears and possibly needing a hug.

The strawberry blonde jogged up to the door, trying not to make a lot of noise as she looked in the soil of the plant by the door for Elena's spare key. Faye didn't really want the horrible police force of Mystic Falls to be called by a terrified neighbor.

She unlocked it quickly, but opened the door in a much different way. Her hand pushed it open slowly as she peaked inside the home to make sure no one who wasn't supposed to be there wasn't. Elena and Jeremy were shacked up at the boarding house for the night since they couldn't bear to be in the same home as Klaus, so they wouldn't be there. None of her other pack mates would dare even be alone with Klaus during the night unless there had been an issued babysitter and their first shift didn't start until the sun rose.

Faye peaked through the crack she slowly widened to see Klaus standing in the living room, staring off into the distance. It seemed he hadn't noticed she was there yet, but the minute she shut the door and made her way more into the house, he spoke up.

"Did they send you to torment me?" Klaus questioned, not even turning to face her. His eyes were still trained on something off into the kitchen, full of anger and sadness. Faye understood why when she finally looked to see what it was. 

Kol's charred body still laid under the table in plain sight for him to see. She pursed her lips and gulped, knowing how hard it must be for him.

"No." Faye shook her head as she spoke, her eyes not leaving Kol's lifeless ones. She didn't even give the real reason why she was there because the sight causing her to be sick to her stomach.

She moved to drop her bag onto the couch in the other part of the living room that was off limits to him. The minute she was done with that, she moved over towards the kitchen where the body laid to do something about it. Klaus spoke to her as she searched through the cabinets for something to cover Kol up with.

"What are you doing?" Klaus asked her.

Faye found an extra sheet in a closet and took it out. She unfolded it before walking over towards Kol again with the sheet blowing, "Covering him up." She answered the question, "Showing him the respect my friends couldn't." It was seconds before she laid the sheet over him, no hesitation needed.

"And I didn't want you seeing him like this any longer." The Daniels began rambling, just wanting to get everything out before she had to think about it anymore. She was so angry and upset with her pack, her family, for doing what they had done. It wasn't right. None of it was right, "You don't deserve to see someone you loved treated like he was nothing. No one deserves it. Not even you will all the horrible things you've done and it shouldn't have happened."

"It happened though, love."

"Yeah, it happened and I'm sorry. About Kol and for rambling." She sounded breathless. She turned away from what created the stench of death in the room and wiped her forehead with the back of her hand, "Jesus, christ. I'm not even supposed to be here."