EIGHTEEN ▶ IF THIS IS MY LAST DAY

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse."

Faye dreaded hearing those words. She usually loved full moons, seeing that it was a great time to connect with her wolf. She hated hearing that it was a full moon tonight though, seeing that this was the perfect time.

"Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake?" Stefan asked Elijah, "That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus."

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it..." He turned his gaze on to Faye who sat curled up in a chair, draining a blood bag, "Like Faye, he'll be a true hybrid."

"Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon suggested, joining Faye, Elijah, Elena and Stefan's conversation, "We can kill him today. With Bonnie."

"Damon..." Stefan gave him a look.

"No." Elena said, "Bonnie can't use that much power without dying."

Damon groaned, "I'll write her a great eulogy."

Faye released the straw she was drinking from and glared at him, "Not an option, Damon." She growled out, speaking for the first time this morning. Her eyes flashed gold as she snarled at him. She was definitely not in a good mood today.

Stefan sighed, looking back over at Elijah, "All right, how do we break this curse?"

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know." Elijah replied.

"The moonstone."

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone." Elijah continued listing the ingredients off, "After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each."

"And where do I fit in?" Elena asked.

"The final part of the ritual." Elijah walked over and took a box off the wooden shelf, "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger... " He looked at the Gilbert girl, "To the point of your death."

Elena clenched her jaw tight and Stefan grabbed her hand, squeezing it. Damon looked at her, worry filling his eyes.

"And that's where you come in." Elena said to Elijah, watching him as he opened the box and pulled out an antique jar.

Elijah held it up for everyone to see, "This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation."

"So I'll be dead?"

"And then you won't."

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon asked in outrage. He looked at Elena, "You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?"

"Those rings only work on humans." Faye told Damon, "The doppelgänger's a supernatural occurrence. Even though she may still be human, odds are, it won't work."

Damon glared at Elijah, "I'll take those odds over your elixir." He gave Elena a pleading look, "What if it doesn't work, Elena?"

"Then I guess I'll just be dead."

Damon looked at Stefan who shrugged, not knowing what to say. He stole an angry glance at Elijah before leaving the room.

"Do we know if Klaus has everything he needs to do this?" Elena asked Elijah, "Does he have a werewolf?"

"Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years. If he doesn't already have a werewolf, my guess is by tonight, he will." Elijah replied, worrying everyone.