ɪɪɪ: xᴠ

THE GROUP REMAINED HIDDEN FROM THE COMMOTION. Turns out Lawrence's people had come to attack; now the city is full of chaos and everything is happening in fast motion.

"Come on. Let's move, let's move." They moved away from the ruckus as bombs and gunshots echoed through the air.

"Get her in, get her in."

"Hey, look at me." Minho cupped her cheeks, doing his best to not let his tears fall. "Just look at me, alright."

Despite the mayhem that encompassed them, Minho's endeavor of giving her a sense of tranquility had worked. Just listening to his voice made her pounding heart slow down to a normal pace.

"Brenda, are you there?" She heard Thomas' voice, his lips close to the walkie-talkie.

"Thomas, I'm here."

"We're not gonna make it."

"Wait, what are you talking about?"

"Just take the others." Thomas replied between pants. "Get everybody out while you still can."

Ada turned her attention back to her boyfriend. Newt and Gally were beside them as Ada began to speak to Minho.

"You know, I hacked WICKED once." Minho turned to her and she expands. "Or more than once, I guess. I was searching for you but there's not enough signal..."

"I did find out something else though..." she breathed out. "I found out my weapons were destroyed." Ada lightly chuckled. "So much for D.A.A." she shook her head before she leaned on the Asian's shoulder.

Minho let out a chortle because he remembered giving the brand name. His smile turned into a frown as he placed his calloused hands on the girl's shoulders, while gazing straight at her mahogany eyes.

"Ads, listen to me. After all of this. D.A.A. won't just be something you'll make for warzones. They will be just as incredible things we could use in the safe haven. Okay?"

"Somethings that you wanted to make since we were kids. Remember? You said you didn't want that because they were just for entertainment; that what we needed was something that we could use to defend ourselves."

"Ada after all of this... There will be no WICKED. All of us will be safe. We won't need to defend ourselves anymore. And you'll make more extraordinary things in the future."

If I still have a future. She thought but she didn't dare say it aloud.

"That's why I want you to stay with me, alright?"

"I'll stay by your side." I'm always gonna stay by your side. She managed a small smile before pressing her lips on his, giving him a brief chaste kiss. "I love you."

"Thomas, don't worry. I'm coming to you."

"What are you talking about?"

"Our ride's here! Just look for us near the tunnels."

░░░░

THE CITY WAS FILLED WITH MAYHEM AND FLAMES. The empire of WICKED was gradually falling because the people were tired of their games.

Ada was trying her best to keep her eyes open as they were on the way to the tunnels, but then they dropped to the ground when another bomb has hit an area near them. They remained low and hidden while the people continued to bomb the city.

They had made it somewhere quieter. Somewhere that was away from the chaos.

Ada thinks she's just a burden by slowing them down. Without her, they'll get a better chance at surviving.

"Hey, Ada, we're almost there. Alright?" Newt stated before the mahogany haired girl began to cough out black liquid. It brought back bad memories.

She recalled when Winston had experienced the same. She remembered clearly her late friend's endeavor and she has made her final decision.

She didn't want to hurt anyone. So, she needed to be gone.

"Just leave me..."

"No, I'm not leaving you." Minho quickly protested.

"I'm not gonna make it. I'm sorry." Ada gasped as her knees hit the ground. She vomitted black liquid as her breathing became even more difficult.

"Minho. You gotta run ahead and grab the serum."

Minho was about to carry her but then the echoing voice of Teresa made them all halt.

"Thomas? Can you hear me? I need you to listen to me. I know you have no reason to trust me, but I need you to come back. Thomas, you can save Ada. There's still time for her."

All of them had a perplexed expression on their faces except for Ada who couldn't listen. All she was feeling was pain and she's slowly losing her sanity.

Stay awake. Stay awake. Stay awake.

"There's a reason Brenda isn't sick anymore. It's your blood. Do you understand? She isn't sick, because you cured her. She doesn't have to be the only one."

Thomas looked at Ada who was on the ground having difficulty to breathe.

Stay awake. You need to stay awake.

"All you have to do is come back. And this will all finally be over. Please. Just come back to me. I know you'll do the right-"

Stay awake. Stay awake. Stay awa-

"What the hell was that all about?" Newt asked.

"Go. Go! I still need to do something." Thomas stated frantically.

"You believe her, Greenie?" asked Gally. Newt sent Thomas an incredulous look while Minho noticed the mahogany haired girl was no longer on the ground. He turned around and the girl only stared at him blankly. She looked immobilized as her now wholly dark eyes stared at him.

"I need to do this, alright? I can't fail Ada..." Thomas quickly dashed away and Gally just stared agaped at the back of the sprinting reckless teen.

"Are you kidding me?"

"Don't worry, I'll go with him." Newt soon then followed, disregarding Gally's protest. He wouldn't let Thomas go there alone.

"Shuck!" Gally turned around to see what's happening to the remaining pair with him, and the stressed look on his face turned in to worry.

"Minho-"

"What's happening to her?"

"Don't get close to her-"

Minho didn't listen. He was already close to her and she wasn't hurting him. She was just there, frozen.

"Ada?"

And then suddenly, the mahogany haired girl attacked the Asian. His body collided on the concrete ground as she encompassed her hands around his neck.

Gally was quick to pull away the girl but she got to punch him. Once she was released and about to attack once again, arms were wrapped around her. Minho engulfed the mahogany haired girl from her back. "Ada, it's me. It's Minho."

Minho?

She looked at Gally, who was massaging his jaw. And turned around to face Minho. "What did I do?"

"It's okay, alright?" Minho caressed her cheeks as tears began to blur his sight. "It's gonna be okay."

It's gonna be okay. It's gonna be-

Her features became expressionless once again and the next thing Minho knew was that his back collided on the ground.

Ada sprinted, about to attack when Gally tackled her and they both met the concrete floor.

Her head had hit the hard ground.

Surviving the scorching morbid world like this became ridiculous. If you did it would be considered as miraculous.

Darkness has taken all over her but she didn't know if it were because she was dead or if she had completely lost herself.