ɪɪɪ

ADA WAS LEFT IN THE HOMESTEAD READING THE BOOK. She was told to stay with the other girl, since they were the only girls in the Glade. She looked curiously at the sleeping girl. She doesn't know why, but she feels a sense of familiarity whenever she looks at the sleeping brunette.

Her eyes averted from the unconcious girl, and went back to reading the book on her hand. She was starting to understand the scribbles inside the black leather book. After reading the pages for a few times. She was now determined to finish it.

She discovered that she's a fast reader. That's good. She thought.

They were equations. Equations of something and she's getting there. Some things she understood. Some still made her frustrated. That's why she needs to finish the book as much as possible.

She opened all the boxes to see if there were any more books or journals, but there was only one. So, the boxes ended up scattered on the floor. Of course, she didn't forget to close them before concentrating on the book.

Then there it was. An illustration. With the equations and descriptions.

Her brown eyes widened in realization.

She was right about one thing. They were parts. And they need to be put together like a puzzle, but not all of it seem to be.

The sketches in the book were similar to the devices. She turned to the next page a-

A gasp.

She heard a gasp and immediately looked up from the book. Her eyes widened. The girl was awake.

░░░░░

MINHO LET OUT A SIGH. "IT'S THE MAZE." he said, "All of it."

"What do you mean 'All of it'? I thought you were still mapping it?" Thomas questioned.

"There's nothing left to map."

Thomas looked at Minho in confusion.

"I've run every inch of it myself. Every cycle, every pattern. If there was a way out we would have found it by now."

"Why haven't you told anyone this?"

"It was Alby's call." The Asian answered, "People needed to believe we had a chance of getting out."

"But maybe now," he looked at Thomas, the device from the Griever on his hands. "We have a real chance."

He handed the tool to the new Runner.

"Take a look at this." Minho sighed, "About a year ago, we started exploring these outer sections. All right, we found these numbers printed on the walls. Sections One through Eight."

He turned to Thomas, "See, the way it works is every night when the Maze changes, it opens up a new Section. So today, Section Six was open. Tomorrow, it'll be Four, then Eight, then Three. The pattern always stays the same."

Thomas looked at the beeping device on his hands. "What's so special about Seven?" He asked.

"I don't know." Minho immediately replied. "But last night, when you killed that Griever, Section Seven was open. I think it must be where it comes from."

"Tomorrow, you and I are gonna take a closer look."
Thomas nodded.

Then footsteps were heard approaching. A pair of Med-jacks came to view.

"Hey! What are you guys doing? You're not allowed in here.

"Sorry, it's just the, um...."

"It's the girl."