ɪɪɪ: ᴠɪ

"NICELY DONE. They can be a tough crowd. You handled them perfectly." Ava Paige turned to the brunette beside her but the ebony haired girl didn't spare the woman a glance. Instead, her ocean blue eyes remained its gaze to the sight of the city in front of them.

"Delaying the inevitable. Thomas and Ada used to say the same about us. Do you still think about them? Do you still think about him?" The blonde's query broke the brunette's stoic expression.

Teresa looked down as she thought of her best friend and him. She felt her heart ache as she thought of them.

"I can help you with that, those memories. There's no reason to keep holding on to them. It's a simple procedure."

"There is a reason." She immediately spoke.

It might be a simple procedure, but it's not a simple decision. She can't let go of those memories. She needs to keep them to know that all she did was worth it.

"I want to remember. If we find a cure, that's the only way all this was worth it."

There was a pregnant pause before the blonde woman spoke again.

"I hope you're right."

░░░░

ADA WAS SCREWED. SHE WAS SO FUCKED. She doesn't know what to do. There was no cure after all. Not yet at least. But when is it going to be found? When she's already a savage cannibal? She chose not to tell anyone and kept it to herself.

A glimpse of the black veins on her wrist were enough to know what was amiss. She bit her lip to stop herself from crying and lucky for her, no one noticed her demeanor.

On the ride to the city she chose to write one of her love letters.

The last one, apparently.

She just hope that she still get to see Minho again before... it happens.

All of the people were oblivious of Espionage flying still overhead. That is because its retro-reflective mode was activated and it's invisible as long as the brown haired girl wants. It also got through WICKED's surveillance. The mahogany haired girl clutched the tablet tightly to secure it and make sure not to lose it.

People were clustered around the place and clamors were heard from afar. For a girl who rarely got annoyed so easily, the loud noises made Ada extremely irritated.

Newt, who was walking beside her noticed the girl's mood. "You alright?" He asked with a low voice, placing his hand gently on the mahogany haired girl's shoulder.

Ada tried to look convincing, "Fine."

"This place has really gone through hell." said Jorge.

Ada kept looking around, frustration still evident on her features. "Yeah, no shit." She muttered under her breath that only the blond beside her was the one able to hear it.

"We just gotta stay together."

"WE ARE THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!" A booming voice caught the group's attention. They looked behind them and saw the source of the voice. A man was sat on the top a truck. Armed men with masks sat behind him. "THEY HIDE BEHIND THEIR WALLS, THINKING THEY CAN KEEP THE CURE FOR THEMSELVES, WHILE THEY WATCH THE REST OF US WITHER AND ROT!-"

Ada tuned out as the people around kept cheering. She noticed one of the masked men gaped at her, and then he turned to Thomas that it made her turn to the brunette also. It was like he recognized them.

Ada noticed something on the back of Thomas' neck. Her hand also flew to hers, realization smacked through her features. She remembered the thing that appeared on the same spot in the night they met Jorge and Brenda. And in that night, when Minho and other kids were taken.