ɪ

NEWT, MINHO AND THOMAS STALKED IN THE HOMESTEAD. Thomas caught sight of Alby. Coughs and grunts can be heard from the continuous pain he was in.

"Jeff.... What's goin' on?" Newt asked, looking at the brunette girl who was still asleep. "What's the matter with her? Why won't she wake up?"

"Hey, man, I got my job the same way you did."

Thomas stared at the sleeping girl, his mind spiraling like a whirlpool.

Newt turned to Thomas before asking, "Well, do you recognize her?" a tinge of annoyance laced on his tone.

"No." Thomas answered without hesitance.

"Really? 'Cause she seem to recognize you." Newt pressed.

"What about the note?" asked Thomas, changing the subject.

"Yeah, we'll worry about the note later." Newt replied.

"I think you should worry about it now."

Both Newt and Minho turned to Thomas.

"We've got enough to deal with at the moment."

"He's right, Newt." Jeff decided to join the conversation. "The note said 'kill A200'. What does that even mean? What if they plan to kill us too? How long do you think we'll last?"

"No one said that." Newt shook his head. "Let's not jump to any conclusions, we'll just.... We'll just wait until she wakes up, see what she knows."

"Somebody's got to have some answers around here." He added.

Thomas looked at everyone in the room before turning away, "Okay." The rest looked at him in confusion.

"And where are you going?" Newt asked.

"Back into the maze." He answered before leaving the hut.

The brunette and the blonde looked at each other. Newt motioned for him to follow Thomas before Minho sprinted off to follow the impulsive boy.

"Hey. Hey, Thomas." Minho called. "Hey. Hey." He finally got to stop his reckless friend by putting a hand on his chest. Thomas just stared at him with a blank expression.

"What is this with you, huh?" Minho questioned. "Death wish?"

"You just got out, and now you want back in?" He added.

"Newt said that no one's ever seen a Griever and lived to tell about it right?" he sighed, "And, Minho, now we have one."

"You're telling me you're not even a little bit curious?" He questioned.

"Not really, no." Minho responded shaking his head.

Thomas let out a heavy sigh before starting to walk, but was stopped by the Keeper once again. "So what's the plan?" Minho asked. "You wanna go out and dissect that thing all by yourself?"

"I will if I have to." Thomas responded quickly. "Have the other Runners left yet?"

"The other Runners quit this morning."

Minho nodded towards a group of boys who are with Gally, "After Alby got stung, they're not in any hurry to get back out there." he sighed.

He turned to look at Thomas, "Why are you?" He questioned.

"I-I think it's time we find out what we're really up against."

"Alright," the Keeper nodded, "But you're not going back out there alone. Meet me in the woods in half an hour."

Thomas and the Keepers ventured in the Maze. They successfully found the dead Griever and discovered more, but the most interesting part was the sudden blaring of the Box.

░░░░░

ADA. THAT'S HER NAME. That's the only thing she remembers. The girl wore a white shirt with a black hoodie and jeans. Her hair was right above her shoulders. She noticed that she was surrounded by boxes and all of them has the same thing written on them. WICKED.

Fucking Hell. She thought.

She tried screaming for help but was only answered by the screech of the metal. She immediately gave up, because it was just a waste to call for help when no one is ever going to respond. So, she ended up sat on the ground looking down at her rubber shoes. She waited for the elevator going up with a rapid pace to stop. The noise of the metal and the heavy breaths coming out of her mouth were the only sound she can hear. She almost thought that it was an endless journey, until the metal box shook to a stop. At the same time a buzzer blared which made her jump slightly in her already trembling and sweating form.

Her body tensed. She doesn't know what's going to happen to her. She doesn't know why she's in the box or why she doesn't have any memory of her past. What she does know at the moment is that she hated the feeling of the lack of information.

She looked above, waiting for what is going to happen next.
Then, there was light. She raised a hand by the sudden brightness while keeping her breathing in pace to keep herself calm.

She doesn't know what will happen to her now that she has the chance to get out of the suffocating box.

Ah fuck it.
She thought.

Voices were heard from above, but it was still too bright to see the faces.

Is this Heaven?
She suddenly thought.
Am I dead?
Is that why I don't have any memory?
Does that happen in the afterlife?
I didn't know heaven has an elevator.
I don't even remember anything.

Then finally, one of them hopped down. The person cautiously walked near her, and the short haired girl brought down her hand to see the stranger's face.

It was a slim guy with blonde hair. He knelt down to look at her more closely. The shocked look on his face turned to confusion.

"It's another girl." He announced to the others from above.

"A girl?"

"Again?"

"Are they sending us girls now?" more chatter was heard from above while she remained focus on the boy in front of her.

They talk about a girl like we're a different species. She thought to herself. "Yeah... You're a boy." Her tone held slight sarcasm, which made the corner of the blonde's lip twitch upward for a bit.

Ada studied the boy with a charming accent. She doesn't trust the boy, but he doesn't look like he was going to hurt her. So, she remained still. The blonde didn't expect her to act so calmly.

Then her questions went flooding back to her. Now is the time to get some answers. She thought.

She frowned and with furrowed brows, she shook her head, "I'm sorry- Where am I?" she looked around, eyes still squinting from the light, "Am I in heaven?" she asked shamelessly.

Well, I needed confirmation if my assumption was correct.

This time, the British managed to give her a small smile, despite the situation. "No. No, this isn't heaven." he shook his head.

Now I feel ridiculous. Shame though.

The girl could tell that he was a little amused by her question. It was easy to read it in his eyes.

Her frown deepened. This is seriously fucked up then.

The short haired girl doesn't know anything about her past. She has no idea where she is and apparently nor do the guys who were so amazed to see a girl. She felt like she might explode with a lot of questions flowing in her mind.

"What the fuck is this place, then?"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

What do you think of the first chapter? What do you think of Ada so far? Let me know :)