ɪɪ: ᴏᴘᴇɴɪɴɢ

UNDERNEATH THE NIGHT SKY, Thomas had his arms snaked around a brunette woman's neck. He clung tightly, looking wary on the people gathered with them and the ones wearing masks.

The woman moved to the front and placed him down, kneeling in front of him.

"Remember." The woman smiled, her teary eyes looking straight at Thomas' brown ones. "I love you." she said softly.

"I love you, Thomas."

Suddenly, a man wearing a hazmat suit carried him away from the brunette woman.

Young Thomas reached out for the woman, "Mom!"

Mom....

His Mom stayed on her spot and forced a smile on her face.

"MOM!" Young Thomas cried.

He was on a train surrounded by soldiers and other kids. His gaze that was focused on the window for a while now has averted when he heard someone quietly crying beside him.

He looked at the small girl who was looking down to her lap. Crystal tears falling down her yellow dress.

Thomas wanted to comfort the girl, but they didn't know each other yet. It will be weird to hug her or hold her hand. So he tapped the girl's shoulder instead. The girl's sniffing stopped for a moment and looked up at Thomas. She moved her short brown hair out of her face. Her teary brown eyes looked at Thomas with confusion.

Thomas didn't know what to say, so he offered the girl a small smile instead. It would've been embarrassing for Thomas if the girl didn't smile back, but she's too kind and she understood that he was trying to comfort her. She returned the smile and Thomas' smile went wider.

"I'm Thomas, what's your name?"

"Ada." said the girl softly.

"Children." The blonde woman, Ava Paige, smiled at the both of them. "It's okay."

Suddenly, Thomas was in the box again.

"No. No. No!"

He's in the Glade again.

He screamed and banged on the metal screen walls.

"Thomas!"

Minho.

Thomas looked above and it was opening.

"Thomas!" He called again.

"NO!"

Everything was bright.

"THOMAS!" Then he woke up. "WAKE UP WE GOTTA GO!" Minho continued.

Thomas sat up and hopped off the aircraft. A man grasped his arm to help him.

Thomas and the others ran in to the maze. The weapons of their late friend on their hands.

"Are you alright?" The covered-faced man asked. Thomas looked around the chaos and remembered something.

Alby had a chance. But he cared more about the others' safety more than his. He was taken by a Griever. And killed right in front of their eyes.

"Wait! Wait! Wait!" He sprinted back to the plane.

"Where are you going?!"

Other Gladers also died. They got out of the Maze. They thought it was over. They witnessed a lot of death, but the last that they had witnessed was the most heartbreaking. The death of Chuck. He was just so young. The saddest thing is- Chuck, Alby, Jeff, or Ada and the other Gladers that risked their lives in the maze, didn't even get a proper burial.

"We don't have time!" the man added.

Chuck's relic. It was the only remembrance he had of Chuck.

When the wooden object is finally on Thomas' grasp, the man grabbed him, "Come on!"

"Get out of here." said he.

Growls were heard. The both of them looked at the direction of where it came from.

"CRANKS!" the man exclaimed and shot the 'Cranks' with the rifle on his hand.

Thomas was quickly grabbed by the other men and in front of him was a building.

There were a lot of gunshots and grunts and shouts. They didn't know what was happening. They didn't know what those were.

Once Thomas got inside the building, the gate closed. And the others were already inside, looking around. The same look in all of their eyes.

 The same look in all of their eyes