41

The day was here.

We were dubbed the Vanguard Action Squad. Dabi was in charge, more or less.

It was the middle of summer. UA's students would be taking a field trip to train in the mountains. They would be working with a hero group, collectively known as the Wild, Wild Pussycats. They dress up like robotic cats and honestly I find it taunting.

We got even more recruits after Toga and Dabi. A lizard that is always wearing a cosplay of the Hero Killer. A guy who makes duplicates of us, he also seems to have some sort of personality disorder, but he's cool, I guess. There is also a couple of men who look like ratchet pedophiles. There's a very, very, very, large man. He could turn his entire body into pure muscles. It was kinda gross. And a man who could compress things into little orbs. A deranged child, and a phycopathic humanoid also accompanied us.

We got ready, tonight we would raid the area where the students were.

Kurogiri opened a warp to the center of the woods. We stepped through. Our target was Bakugo Katsuki. Our focus was to turn him, make him join us.

My target was Midoriya. I didn't want him to be a villain, I just wanted him for company. He would never love me but, he could never leave me. Maybe he would pity me. Maybe he would be my friend. Someone better than me was the only thing that would bring me comfort.

I wonder if he was sad when I died. Maybe I got his attention. Seeing me alive would definitely get his attention.

"Cat! Get your head out of your tail, we've got stuff to do." Dabi snapped me out of my trance.

"What am I supposed to be doing?"

"Waiting for me to tell you what to do." He spat.

I huffed and changed forms. I layer in the grass, it tickled my skin.

Just as I got comfortable, "Get up." Dabi nudged my rib cage. "Muscular is on the mountain. Most of the students are scattered in the woods, probably knocked out cold. Two pros are with a few students in a building. The rest of the pros are in the center fighting the two old guys. Go out and look for Bakugo. Restrain him, isolate him, and wait for us."

I sluggishly got up from my pillow of weeds. Finding Bakugo wasn't what I wanted to do, but maybe I would see Izuku on the way.

I lifted my nose to the air, searching for the familiar scent of nitroglycerin.

An fleeting breeze carried the faint smell of it. It was coming from the trail that followed the woods.

I glanced at Dabi, my eyes glowing then bolted in the direction of the trail.

My paws carried me swiftly through the trees. Jumping over a few bushes. I strode you on the trail. Bakugo's scent was much stronger now, along with two other scents.

I hid in the darkness of the tree line, walking along the dirt path. His scent became overwhelming as I approached their rear.

I hanged low. They were shielded by a towering wall of ice, defending themselves from the phycopathic, death roe escapee.

Honestly, why did we bring him. He's only worried about killing rather than capturing.

They defeated him.

I couldn't isolate Bakugo, much less restrain him. On top of that, Todoroki was with him.

Think.....

"Bakugo!" I shouted. I opened my arms and rushed for him. I managed to make my eyes water and rub dirt on my face to make it look like I had been hurt and tormented.

He turned toward me in shock.

I jumped on him and hugged him.

"How!"

"Thank Tartarus I found you! I was so scared!" I nuzzled my face into his chest.

"But your-"

"I'm so happy your here."

Bakugo was still in shock, after all, I was dead.

We walked the trail. None of us said anything. They were both deep in thought, enough so they didn't notice me. I took out my phone and pinged the group with my location and the information that I had Bakugo but I couldn't take him on my own.

Shortly after, a few others joined the group. Among them was Izuku.

He was beaten and battered. His arms looked completely destroyed, and blood covered his body. Other than the struggle of trying to carry him to the check out point, taking Izuku with me should be no issue.

Rippling in the trees caught my attention. I looked up to see Mr.Compress following us. I looked back ahead, trying not to draw attention to him.

Suddenly we all came to halt.

I walked up to the front to see: Toga was pinning the frog girl to a tree and the annoying, brown haired girl was on the ground. Toga was trying to get blood from them using her machine, this was her task. But it looked like she was  struggling, she didn't have any except for one that had very little in it.

Toga looked over at me in the midst of the group. Then at someone else. Her face visibly turned red. It didn't take long to realize she was looking at Izuku.

If she gets anywhere near him, or lays a single one of her old lady fingers on him I'll murder her.

She began retreating, as the girls we just found pointed out Bakugo and Tokoyami are gone. I hadn't even noticed, Mr. Compress must've got them.

He and Toga had already retreated. As much as I wanted to get Izuku, I also didn't want to get left and taken into custody.

Izuku would probably chase us anyway, once we get to the check out point, I'll find a way to get Izuku. If not now, I'll get him once they're back in the dorms.

I changed forms and darted in the direction of the point.  Mr.Compress was drifting about, providing a clear direction towards our destination.

I reached the clearing to see Dabi waiting on everyone. Due to Mr.Compress fighting with the students, no one else had made it back. Only Dabi, Twice, Toga, and I were there.

"How much did you get, Toga?"

"Just one." Toga answered, mildly excited.

"Weren't you supposed to get at least three? Why are you so excited?" Twice inquired.

"I found a boy!" Toga said, dazed.

I growled, knowing who she was talking about.

"Shut up, keep quiet." Dabi commanded.

Suddenly, a large group of people crashed into the dirt in the center of the clearing.