•27•

My parents.

"We can't keep her, dear."

"I know, but what are we supposed to do?"

"We can keep paying as much as we are to feed her and pay her doctor bills. Let's face it, her quirk ruined her chance at a life with us. She's not going to miraculously begin hearing."

Ever since the young child developed her quirk at age three, she was left deaf. Her quirk caused her to morph, her ears shrank away, being replaced by two furry, cat-like ones.
Overnight her spine grew extra length, it plunged through her skin and covered itself in fur.
But the child was painfully unaware.

After the drastic changes, the couple took the child to the doctor. He explained it was the doing of her quirk. But now that it happened, the child would need almost three times the amount of nutrients, physical activity, and rest. She also needed regular check-ups to get shots and vaccines. She was susceptible to much more than the average person. And the shrinking away of her ears in relocation caused her to become deaf. Though there was the possibility of it only being temporary.

The young couple couldn't keep up. The expenses were growing. Bills piled up.

Adoption agencies wouldn't take the child, it was too much of an expense, a burden.

There was nowhere left for them to turn.

The small child was hoisted into the air by her father.

"Sweet Sakura Taki. You bare my name but I cannot bare you." A sad frown was evident on his face, "There isn't a thing I can do. I vowed to take care of my wife, but I can not do so with you here. I'm afraid it's not your fault, you are but a mere toddler. We will have one last fun together, but then I must say goodbye." He looked at the child with pleading eyes. He wanted so badly for her to oppose but he knew she couldn't. She couldn't understand the words from his lips, she only knew his expression.

She reached her arms out and raised his cheeks, attempting to make him smile one last time.

He did so sadly. But she didn't understand, she only giggled and clapped her hands.

It was all he could, he sat her down as tears rolled from his eyes. He watched sorrowfully as the toddler went about her business. Playing with toys, not a care in the world.

Young Sakura's mother walked inside a small backpack in her hand.

"Is everything gone?" The sorrow-filled husband asked.

"Yes, not a trace of her will be left. As if it never happened." The wife explained, not so sorrowful.

She picked up the child and headed out of the small residence. She held the child on her hip as she walked down the void street. No one to witness.

She arrived at an abandoned building in the bad part of the town. Riddled with villains and thieves, gang members.

"Open your mouth, Sakura." The mother ordered, gesturing what to do with her mouth.

The young girl obeyed, opening her mouth wide revealing her overly sharp canines.

The woman laid two tiny pills on the girl's tongue. She swallowed them and eventually fell into a deep slumber.

The woman laid her head on the backpack and draped a blanket over her. The blanket had her name, 'Sakura' stitched into it in fancy lettering.

The woman stood up and walked away, returning to her home and husband.

Sakura spent a year living in the building she was left in. She was deaf, so she often found herself in troublesome situations.

She would be in an alley, searching for scraps. When large groups of gang members or thugs would come upon her, her unknowing. In order to get out alive, she relied on her instinct.

This is when her quirk controlled her the most.

The dark form of a juvenile black panther took over her being. In a desperate attempt to protect and keep itself alive, the girl had no control over her quirk.

Every time, the ending results were the same. The girl would come out, deprived of her memory and a few more lives under her belt.

She was never caught though. She had no idea the crimes she committed and was too quick and stealthy to be seen.

She ended up relying on this happening, it was the only way she didn't go starved. Feasting off of human meat to live.

She fell into the hands of All for One at the end of that year. She was stumbled upon by the wrong people.

Pandora ended up being raised and trained by All for One.

"Come here, child." My master called me over to him.

He was sitting in a large, uncomfortable looking chair.

"Yes, Master?" I answered him.

"Child, I have big plans for you. You need to understand that, and stop putting half, effort into training!" He boomed.

He was mad, it was true what he said, though. I didn't know why he wanted me to do this so badly though. I was absolutely positive he could find someone more valuable and cable than I. In fact he did have someone. I heard them come around sometimes, but I never actually had seen them. Master said that seeing them could mess with both of our training. I never questioned it. I even started putting more effort into my training. If I'm going to burden him, may've just made it worth his while.

All of my training lead up to me being given to the League of Villains. Which just so happened to be headed by the one who All for One hid from me. While I was trained to loyally and blindly follow, he was being brought up to lead.

It infuriated me when I found out, but I knew that it would always be that way. It was all I was trained for and knew. If I were to try and take a leadership position, it would be catastrophic, I was made, best suited for following.

I gained my hearing at the end of my time on the street. I thought it was because of him but I never knew. Either way, I grew up idolizing him. He taught me that he was my savior; my parents hated me and abandoned me, and he would never do such a thing. He told me that heroes were nothing but fakes. People who wanted to be glorified and held as gods for violence and evil acts. They were hypocrites, hurting people because they claimed it was for the right cause.

I believed every word that he spoke. I lived off the ideals he gave me. It may just be the thing that gets me killed in the end.