•19•

Hurry.

I pushed my way out of the crowd. I turned to an empty hallway.

I remembered where everything was. The principal's office was down this hall.

Running, I arrived at the door.
I reached for the handle but voices erupted from inside. I couldn't hear what they were saying, I only knew that they were approaching the door.

Quickly I spotted a vent in the wall. I lifted it and crawled in. It was cramped and dusty but it was efficient.

"Why is the alarm going off?"

"I think the teachers are having a hard time keeping the press off the school grounds."

"Well I guess we better go help them out."

With that they left.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and crawled to the other end of the vent.

I dropped down into the room, not making a sound.

I went behind the desk and shuffled through the papers.
I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for but I'm sure I can just grab whatever looks important.

Student files...

Teacher files...

Class conduct...

School conduct...

Unforeseen Simulation Joint field trip.

Ok?

Unforeseen Simulation Joint
(Tomorrow's date)
Hero course class 1-A will be taking a off campus training trip to the USJ. Supervised by pro-heroes 13, EraserHead, and All Might. This trip will cover fundamentals of rescuing.

'Approved'

This could be it. I don't know what else he could be talking about.

Now I need to get out of here.

I took the easy way out and opened the door.

Night had fallen.

I opened the window and plummeted into a small oak tree.

From the tree I was able to reach an electrical pole. I changed forms to my pitch black feline and climbed the pole, using my claws for support.

Once I got to the top I changed again. That way I could actually fit on the power lines.

I checked the surroundings of the ground and roof tops before leaving.

I stepped out onto the power lines, safely tucking the schedule file beneath my arm.

Each step weighed the power line down a little bit. Not enough to do anything but, enough to make me notice.

I walked slowly, getting my balance.

I made it to the other wood pole. But I realize I would have to go faster than what I just did to get all the way to the secret hideout before daylight.

I put my foot down on the lines, as if testing the waters.

I retreated my foot back to the sturdy platform. I closed my eyes and took a breath.