•30•

"That's the only way they'd let us in."

A gruff voice sounded from behind Kirishima. Bakugo stepped out from behind him, his typical angry expression.

"What in Tartarus was running through your head, fleabag? Thinking you could fight off a villain. Pathetic." He exclaimed.

Fight off a villain?

Kirishima noticed my confused expression.

"A pro there said you rushed in and tried to fight off a villain he was fighting."

"Nariko?" I muttered, thinking to myself.

"You mean that chick from the cafe?" He questioned.

I quickly swung my legs over the edge of the bed, flinging the hospital blankets to the foot of the bed.

I tried to get up, when I felt a tugging at my arms.

Kirishima pushed me back onto the bed.

"You don't need to move so much. You'll hurt yourself."

"The doctor said I'm fine."

"The doctor said he needed to run more test." Bakugo chimed in.

"I'm fine!" I angrily replied.

I looked down at my arms and began tugging the IV tubes that entered my veins.

I pulled a couple out, covering them with the bandages that secured them in order to stop the bleeding.

"Pandora, stop." Kirishima exclaimed, worriedly. As he held both my wrist down on the mattress beside me.

"Fine!" I exclaimed, huffing in annoyance.

Once he had seen I had given up he returned to his normal stance.

"I'm just trying to help." He replied meekly.

"If you want to help, go find the nurse who was supposed to bring me some water." I demanded, noticing my parched throat.

He rushed out of the hospital room, in search of the nurse. However, Bakugo stayed.

"Hurry up and let's go." He spoke in a bored tone.

I looked at him slightly confused. Was he really just going to let me leave.

"You were going to, whether we told you to stay or not. Hurry up so we can go."

I hummed in reply. I pulled more tubes and other things from my skin and covering them. Lastly, I detached the heart monitors from my chest. The screen showed a straight line, and made a loud pitched noise alerting the nurses that no heart beat was detected.

I went to the door and reached for the handle.

"Hold up!" Bakugo called out and stoped me. "Here." He handed me his uniform jacket. He then pointed to my mostly exposed torso.

I had my white button up but it was dirty and torn, missing a few buttons. I took the over coat and slipped it over my body. Being sort of below average, it reached the end of my skirt and swallowed me whole. I left my hair tucked in the collar.

I pulled the door handle open and left the room, Bakugo behind me. As we exited the room we saw a pair of nurses rushing towards us. I stumbled back, out of their way. They quickly turned and went into the room I had just left.

Just as I turned back Bakugo, Kirishima rushed up to us.

"Hey, bro." He looked at Bakugo, then took notice of me, "Bokkusu! What are you doing out of bed?" He shirked.

"Shut up! Let's go." Bakugo hushed him.

"We got to go before they lock down." I responded plainly.

We walked down the sidewalk, Kirishima talked aimlessly, Bakugo walked silently, and I was lost in my own head.

I was brought to reality when something rubbed against my leg. I stopped and looked down to the concrete. A fluffy, grey cat was rubbed against my leg. I squatted down and rubbed its head.

"Hello darling." It purred in acknowledgement. I sat down on the sidewalk, as it crawled in my lap.

"What are you doing?" Bakugo's harsh voice directed my attention to him.

"I was-" I thought, then looked down to my lap. The grey cat was no where in sight. "You scared him away."

His face irked. "What in Tartarus are you talking about?" He looked around. "There's nobody right here."

I gave up with a huff, and got off the ground.

"We need to go get Salem." I stated, brushing off the dust from my clothes.

"We need to get back to campus before curfew." He interrupted, gruffly.

"I'll go." I said, looking in the direction I would need to go to get to Nariko's apartment.

I started toward it. If it was her, if she's really dead, I suppose she can't take care of Salem. Not unless she's some sort of spirit that can manipulate objects.

And if she's not dead then she ought to be at her apartment.

I walked down the side walk. My mind drifted to running around on the power lines again. Doing flips and tricks.

I looked at the ground, pretending there was a single line I was supposed to walk on. I noticed my feet were bare. I lifted one foot and placed it in a straight line in front of the other. I rose to my tip toes, and quickly did a front aerial.

It made me excited and I began moving fasted in my line. I sprinted down the side walks. They subtly became crowded. I started moving in curves. Squeezing between groups of people.

I ran out into the middle of the street. High on energy. A car skidded to a stop in front of me. The driver yelled profanities at me, waving his fist in the air.

I smiled at him and bowed deeply. What was usually a sign of respect was being used as the opposite. I continued on my merry way, arriving at Nariko's apartment.

I raced up to her door and began knocking furiously.

"Bokkusu? What are we doing here? We're going to be late for curfew." He asked/stated, clearly out of breath.