▫31▫

31

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

                      "You said you wanted to talk to me.. so speak" Brooke said as she looked at Black who sat across the table from her at Chilli's.

She let her finger rest on her temple as she studied his face and her surroundings, she made sure that they sat all the way at the back just in case anyone would try to watch them-- She sipped on her drink and chuckled to herself as she watched Black try to come up with the right sentence to say, She could tell just by the intensity in his face and the way his temples throbbed that he was in deep thought.

She wasn't stupid she was pretty sure he was here trying to win her back, but after everything that had happened she wasn't sure if she even wanted to pursue Black anymore or even Rock for that matter.

Brooke knew she would never be able to pursue a relationship with Black as long as she kept it a secret that she had offed Z and as soon as he found out she knew he would kill her and if Rock found out about this meet up he would kill her too.

"You look like you're about to pop" he said trying to muster up a smile even though the thought of her having a baby with Rock still bothered him.

"Yeah, I can't wait until she gets out of my stomach. It's so hard to do anything carrying this big ol' belly everywhere" she said looking down at her belly and rubbing it.

"Its a girl? Remember when you always used to tell me how you wanted us to have a baby girl together" He said his words slightly drifting as he ripped his eyes away from her stomach.

Brooke looked at him with a straight face and took a sip of her tea--"Well I remember how you used to tell me you wanted me to have your son" she said sitting her cup down not taking her eyes off of him.

"Did you really have to take it there?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yes I did now what do you really want to talk to me about Black, I know you didn't just call me to meet you just to look at me"

"Don't play stupid Brooke you know exactly why I called you here, I miss you ma. I'm just trying to make shit right again. I don't blame you if you never want to be with me again ma, but at least we can try to work on being friends again-- Usually I have Zavion by my side but..." He said as his voice drifted off thinking of his best friends recent death still hurt him.

Although they werent as close as they use to be it was hard for Brooke to watch him be like that, Especially since she was the one behind it.

"I'm really sorry Brian" she said placing her hand over his.

"It's not your fault" He said giving her a weak smile.

"But it is" she thought.

"If I could take it all back I would Brooke". He said not tearing his eyes from the wooden table.

"So would I.." She mumbled.

He shot his head up at her.

"I miss Big Z too.."

"You was the first girl I dated that he ever liked" He smiled.

She smiled slightly feeling uncomfortable with the conversation, her eyes darted to a lady that sat at least five seats in front of them. Her back was facing Brooke but she still admired the blonde hair color she wore.

I've gotta get that, Is that a 1B/27 she thought.

She skimmed down her shoulder and noticed the faint birth mark that covered it.