▫3▫

3

Of all creation, I gravitate towards you.
Slowly, and utterly vulnerable no matter how I try to delay it.

                    The next afternoon Brooke woke up to a tear stained face she could barely see out of her swollen eyes.

She forced herself out of her bed and hopped into the shower she tried her best to hide the sad look in her eyes but it was useless not even makeup could work a miracle.

"Buzzz!" The sound of her phone vibrating.

"Hello" Brooke answered sadly.

"Hey Brooke it's Alisha"

"Ohh, Hey" Brooke said, she wasn't expecting a call from her.

"You holding up okay?"

"I'm trying." She could feel herself wanting to break down right then.

"Well I can come over and we can go out to eat"

"I don't know, I kinda just wanna be alone"

"Come on Brooke we can go to Applebee's" Alisha knew Brooke couldn't turn down her favorite restaurant.

"Well, Okay" Brooke gave a slight smile as if she could see her.

"Okay we'll be there in a few" Alisha said before ending the call.

Brooke wrapped her hair in a tight bun throwing on a solid white t shirt, some acid blue denim jeans and her all white crisp Jordan's before walking outside waiting for her ride.

Thirty minutes later an all black Escalade XT pulled into Brooke's driveway, it was Alisha and her mom.

Brooke quickly hopped in the back seat and closed the door.

"Hey Brooke long time no see baby" Alisha's mom said giving her a smile through the rearview mirror.

"Hey Trina and yeah it's been awhile"

"I see" She said pulling off.

"Mom you can drop us off at Applebees" Alisha said.

"Alright, Brooke you seemed kinda upset last night"

"Yeah but I'm okay now" She lied not really wanting to talk about the topic.

"Well let me tell you if it's about a boy it will be okay it's plenty of dick out here in Michigan"

"MA!" Alisha yelled embarrassed.

"It's the truth hell, what happened at that party?"