▫4▫

4

Not today Satan, Not today - Unknown

"Brooke! Get up for church" Ronnie yelled.

                         Brooke's dad always worked but one thing he did not miss was church. Brooke really didn't want to go, she hadn't had a real relationship with God since her mother's death.

Brooke forced herself out of bed to get ready for church once everyone was ready they drove off to the house of the Lord. During service Brooke was half sleep til Ronnie kept nudging her trying to get her to wake up.

"When is church gonna end?" she thought it felt like days went by before church was over.

Brooke looked to her far left and noticed Jaz sitting on the other side of the church usually they sat on the same row.

"P-ssy" Brooke mumbled

Once church was dismissed Brooke made sure to go confront Jaz she power walked herself towards Jaz but her steps was cut off when the pastor stopped her for a chat.

"What did you think about the morning service brooke?"

"Uhm it was good"she said darting her eyes in Jaz direction

"Oh really tell me something you learned?"

"Pastor john I really have an headache"

"Well why don't we pray"

"NO!" Brooke said putting both her hands up

"No need for that I feel so much better now hallelujah thank ya Jesus! thanks pastor" Brooke said as she rushed past him in search for Jaz

"Where she go?"

Jaz had vanished.

"Damn!" Brooke whispered

"Brooke come on let's go !" her dad yelled

"Imma see that bitch tomorrow" she said before walking off with her dad.

The next day, Brooke and Alisha stood in the middle of the cafeteria looking for a table to sit at.

"Jaz hasn't even spoken a word to me she even sat on different rows in church yesterday" Brooke explained to Alisha

"She just a scary ass bitch, don't do the crime if ya can't deal with the consequences-" Alisha cut herself off when she saw Rock and Jaz walking in all lovey dovey holding hands and kissing

"You okay alisha?"

"Yeah but whatever you do don't look behind you"

being the one who doesn't listen Brooke looked behind her anyway and felt a sharp pain go through her heart she turned around slowly with her head down.

"Brooke don't-"

"I'm not that's the type of girl he wants the ones that dress like a ho and flaunt their stuff"

"Seems like it"

A light bulb popped in Brooke's head

"What if I started to dress like that?"

"I don't know if that's such a good idea"

"Come on girl I mean think about it if he likes Jaz dressing like that then what's wrong with me?"

"Brooke-"

"Trust me Alisha once he sees me tomorrow Jaz will be out of his mind for good"

Alisha sighed with a look of doubt but she was willing to see if it worked.

After school Brooke went home and started going through her closet she thought about the way Jaz would dress mini skirts, crop tops, thongs, heels, she was determined to be on Rocks arm.

She had found a Chanel white and black crop top and hip-hugging black mini skirt she tried on the outfit and fell in love the red heels she wore with it made it pop and she knew Rock wouldn't be able to resist she later out the red bra and thong set she bought from bodycentral before coming home.

Brooke looked in the mirror again and released the ponytail holder from her hair letting her hair flow freely down her back.

Brooke was ready for tomorrow she was ready to claim back what was rightfully hers.