▫29▫

29

                "So what is it Dr.Mitchell" Brooke asked as she looked at the screen that displayed the little human growing inside her stomach.

"Looks like your having a baby girl Brooke" He smiled up at her.

Brooke covered her mouth as she felt tears well up. There was no doubt that she was growing closer and closer to her baby everyday. She was excited to find out she was having a girl but she would never want her daughter to experience the things she had been through.

"I can't believe i'm having a girl" she smiled widely.

"Congratulations Brooke. Stay healthy and be careful out there. You have a little one to think about. Ill see you in 4 weeks" He said before leaving the room.

Brooke got up slowly from the bed and placed the ultrasound picture in her MK bag. She could tell she was starting to get bigger her belly stuck out like a sore thumb in her lime green sun dress.

Worst, Muthaf*ckas neva' loved us!

The sound of Brooke's phone ringing sounded throughout the room as she headed out the door to find her car.

"Hey Lisha"

"How did the check-up go? I'm so mad that I had to miss it! Is it a girl or a boy?" She asked talking fast making it hard for Brooke to understand her.

"Damn girl slow down. It's a girl though" She laughed.

There was a long pause before a loud scream pierced Brooke ears.

"YAS! Bitch YAS! I'mma have to buy my godbaby some cute dresses and shoes! Cause she bouts ta be fly as fuck out here in Michigan!"

"Lord you already gone have my baby spoiled" she said rubbing her belly.

"Damn right. Look imma hit you back later because my boss staring in my face like she got a damn problem"

"Bitch you at work! Of course she gone have a problem"

"Pshh girl please. You know white people don't like me" she smacked her teeth.

"Whatever, i'll hit you back later boo" Brooke hung up the phone and went searching for her car.

She finally found her new candy red apple Nissan sitting to the back of the parking lot.

She unlocked the car door with the remote and got in, as soon as she was about to drive off someone stepped in front of the car.

She rolled her eyes and kissed her teeth as they walked over to the driver's side and opened the car door.

"What the hell are you doing here?" she spat.

She really didn't have the patience to be talking to him right now especially after what he said to her at the club.

"Alisha told me you had an appointment today and I decided to stop by" He said removing the shades from his face.

"Well you missed it so goodbye" she said ready to close the door.

"Look! I'm sorry about what happened the other night, I didn't mean what I said about you being a bad mother"

"And now i'm just supposed to forgive you?"

"Listen ma, I ain't saying we gotta be close and shit but we can at least be cordial for our baby"

She laughed slightly "So now it's your baby?"

"I never said it wasn't"

"Your girlfriend sure did. You know the one you let call OUR baby disfigured?"