▫18▫

18

             Brooke threw on a pair of tight black jean leggings along with a Marilyn Monroe t-shirt that showed a little of her stomach.

She let her hair hang and then threw on a pair of red and gray Jordans.

In minutes she was out the door.

Brooke could feel herself getting nervous, she couldn't see how Z could do this on a weekly basis without getting nervous or caught.

Brooke typed the address into the GPS and drove off, the drive lasted an hour and she ended up at an apartment.

"This nigga better not take forever" Brooke said as she hopped out the car and searched for the apartment number once she did she knocked on it.

A dark skin man with dreads opened the door by his red eyes she could tell he had been blowing. "What's up" he asked paranoid as he looked from left to right.

"Black sent me" she said "Niggas don't care who they get they shit from these days" she thought.

The man let Brooke in, he made her uncomfortable by the way he was watching her ass.

"He gone be with you in a minute" He said licking his lips and walking away.

"He?" Brooke thought.

Brooke had been sitting on the couch for about ten minutes and she was starting to get impatient.

"Where the fuck this nigga at"

As soon as that left her mouth she heard a door shut, a tall shirtless man with a muscular slim frame walked into the room, he rubbed his goatee as he sat down on the couch in front of Brooke.

Brooke eyes was glued to him as she thought her eyes was playing tricks on her "This can't be him" she thought but she knew her high school crush way too well.

Brooke looked at Rock and realized he hadn't changed a bit he was still as sexy as he was three years ago.

"You got the money?"

"Here" she said passing him the purse.

He turned it over as he emptied all the money onto the table. He lit a cigar and took a puff from it as he flipped through the stacks.

"Scar will put the shit in your car" he said finally looking at her.

"Wait, I wanna make sure the shit is right" she said standing up from her seat.

Rock removed the cigar from his mouth and looked at her for a moment.

"You think I'm tryna pull some funny business?" he said with a straight face.

Brooke kept quiet.

Rock cracked a smile showing his dimples.

"Smart woman" he said as he pushed the box over to her.

Once Brooke checked everything she gave Scar the box to put in her car.

"I'm guessing everything is good?" He asked.

"Yeah we good"

"Nice doing business with you" he said as he handed her purse back to her.

"Yeah. You too" she said before making her exit.

"What just happened" she thought as she got in her car and pulled off.

Brooke rushed home, she had to talk to Alisha about this.

♛ 

"You did what now!?" Alisha said as she sat on the couch next to Brooke.

Alisha couldn't believe Black let Brooke drive around with two hundred pounds of coke by herself.

"Bitch you must be crazy" Alisha said shaking her head in disapproval.

"I didn't want to but now I kinda wanna go back"

Alisha looked at her best friend like she was insane.

"For what? Brooke you risking your freedom for this nigga"

"Rock is his connect"

Alisha almost choked on her tongue.

"Shut the fuck up"

"I couldn't believe it myself, I thought I was over him but when I saw him.. all those feelings came rushing back"

"I don't know about this Brooke, did he even recognize you?"

"I don't think he did, but I know him and Jaz aren't together anymore"

"I don't know what to tell you, and Black is gonna know something is up when you tell him you wanna go back"

Brooke let out a sigh.

"I know"

♛ 

Brooke waited downstairs for Black to come home, he didn't arrive until two in the morning.

"What you still doing up?" He asked walking in the door.

"Waiting on you" she said looking him up and down.

"I meant to call and say thanks for earlier"

"It was nothing" she said getting up to hug him.

She looked at him with her face scrunched up as she released her hug.

"Why you smell like Irish Spring?" she asked confused.

"I had to take a shower at Z's place once I did this nigga in, I couldn't be walking around with bloody clothes and shit"

"You could've waited til you got home"

"I told you the block is hot Brooke, damn"

"What's wrong with you?" she asked concerned.

"Nothing, I just wanna go to bed"