▫23

23

                           Brooke sat in the car with Rock as they headed back to his house she couldn't believe she had just taken Black's best friends life. It hurt her because Big Z had never did her wrong and she knew if Black ever found out that she was behind his murder he would for sure make her pay with her life-- but at the same time she was glad she saved Rock, He had been nothing but nice to her for the past couple of days and she felt she owed him that much.

She was terrified, but she knew Rock had her back and if he was on her side then so was his army.

On the other hand Rock was seeing Brooke in a new way, He had never known a female to catch a body over him and that proved to him that Brooke was loyal.

Rock had always thought Brooke was beautiful but he had never acted on it.

He always pictured Brooke as the soft type but after today she appeared to be more than the average chick.

He rubbed his goatee with one hand and drove the car with the other.

"Brooke you straight?"

"Yeah I'm just worried, he's gonna kill me if he finds out I killed Zavion"

Rock pulled his car over on the side of the rode and turned in his seat to face Brooke.

"Look ma, I would never let anyone bring harm your way after what you just did today. You saved my fucking life Brooke you know what that proves to me? Your loyal. I don't know if I'm in my feelings right now but I look at you in a new light, you don't have to worry about nothing cause if I EVER see that nigga imma murk his black ass" he said with all seriousness in his tone.

"Thanks Rock, that makes me feel a lot better"

"No problem ma" he said starting back up the car.

"I'm your protector now, nobody is gone hurt you"

As the week went by Rock started to grow closer to Brooke.

There was no doubt in his mind that he had feelings for Brooke. He tried to convince himself otherwise but he knew himself way too well.

When she wasn't around he felt a void in his heart, he couldn't stop thinking about her.

He didn't know what he was feeling was like or love but he knew it was something.

"Damn nigga get your head straight" he said knocking himself in the head.

He needed Brooke around she had been sleeping over his house almost every night because he didn't want to be alone but in reality he just didn't want to be without her.

He heard the doorbell ring and rushed to get it.

It was Brooke.

"Wassup Ma" he said pulling her in for a hug.

"Hey, you been sitting up in here all day?"

"Nah, I just got here around eight"

"Okay, well I'm not gone be here for long in gotta get ready"

"Ready for what?" he said looking at her confused.

"I have a date" she said with a huge smile on her face.

"With who?" he asked his eyebrows furrowed he was getting pissed.

"When we went shopping, the guy who worked at one of the stores asked me out"