People Can't Imagine That Which They Don't Know

I watched the soldiers with cautious eyes as I leaned lazily on my spear. Their warning echoed throughout the night sky. Tch. Cocky runts.

"What's that sound?" Yoon asked nervously. I grabbed my spear and stood straight. "A warning march." I answered casually. Hak nodded and stepped between me and Kija.

All in all, the situation isn't great.

Kija moved his dragon hand up and narrowed his eyes at the soldiers. "Bring it on then." I grinned at his words. Ah man, I'm itching for a fight now.

Tae-Jun looked over at Yona. "D-Don't worry Princess! I'm going to stop them right now!" He declared, face still pale. But he is trying.

Yona smiled gently at him. "Yes. I'll be watching you. Show me that you're serious." Tae-Jun's pale face went bright red in a matter of seconds. "Ah. Watch out Yona. You might just kill him." I said as his legs trembled, nearly giving out.

Yona just looked at me with furrowed brows, not understanding. I don't even think that he's functioning any more. "You are a frightful weapon indeed." I said seriously. Hak nodded his head in agreement, but it just made her even more confused.

"What's wrong Shin-Ah?" Hm? Kija's question made me look over at Shin-Ah. He's facing the soldiers, but he's a bit stiffer than normal. "Fire arrows." My eyes went wide and I turned quickly towards the soldier.

No way. "Are they insane?" I muttered. They wouldn't. Not with Tae-Jun still here!

I could see the fire from afar. We all sprung into action. "Princess, stand back!" Kija shouted. Yoon grabbed Yona and held her back and the rest of us jumped in front of them. Hak and I took the front, spears at the ready. If they head this way, we can deflect them. The fire is going to be the trickiest part. Man, this is going to be a hassle.

"Princess!!" Huh? Tae-Jun moved forward, glancing back at Yona. His expression soft and holding many emotions. Gratitude, adoration, fear, but most of all, a small flame of determination. "Thank you for believing in me."

He then took off, straight towards the soldiers with arrows at the ready. But he didn't falter. No, he just charged forward with a loud battle cry.

The arrows soared through the air, but Tae-Jun didn't stop. He ran at them. They fell all around him, but he didn't stop. It's hard to believe that this is the same cry-baby from before.

The old Tae-Jun was a coward who couldn't handle conflict. He ran away at any sign of danger. He knew he couldn't win, so he ran and had to be rescued by his guards.

The same crybaby is running straight through the fire arrows. My eyes drifted towards Yona who watched him intently. Is it you? You really are someone who brings strength to others, huh, Yona? My lips quirked up in a smile. You really are something.

My gaze went back. They stopped firing. Tae-Jun must've made it. "They're going back." Shin-Ah spoke. So he did it. I smirked. "Not so much a crybaby now, are you?" I whispered into the night air. Well done Tae-Jun.

~

"Yona, I'm bored~!" I complained as I leaned against Yoon, my arms draping over his shoulder as I put my weight on the younger boy. It's the day after the whole shebang with the Fire Tribe and Tae-Jun.

He didn't come back after running into a flail of fire arrows, but Shin-Ah saw what had happened, he's okay. I imagine he'll be popping up here soon, kids persistent.

"Don't lean on me, I'm busy!" The younger boy shouted, trying to throw me off. But I am bigger than him so it wasn't an easy feat. "Kiri, why don't you help me with-oh." She seemed surprised, her beautiful eyes looking over towards the west. Hm?