The Wind Tribe

I was heading back. The sun started to rise again so I decided to get some drinking water. When I returned Yona and Hak are already awake and standing.

"Hey, you guys thirsty?" I held up two water pouches. I handed one to Yona who took a sip from it and the other to Hak, who merely hooked it onto his waist.

"Um, Hak, Kiri? Let's go down to a village for food and medicine." Yona suggested.

Ah, still worried about Hak's ankle huh? Well it's only been a couple days since then, and I'm fairly certain I got the poison out. "Villages are too dangerous." I said, shaking my head at the idea.

"Even if the villagers don't know our faces, you never know where the castle troops will be." Hak explained to her.

"Then where are we headed to?" She asked. Hm, where are we headed to huh? "Well, I guess it'll be there huh?" I murmured, glancing at my brother.

He nodded and glanced down. "Yeah, the only place we can count on right now. The Capital of Fuuga. Our homeland." Hak said.

Right now, that's the only place that'll be safe. I'm sure gramps will be happy to see the princess is safe.

And of course us, but he's not gonna be happy when we fill him in on what happened.

So we set off. Luckily it's not too far. We headed up the familiar staircase to the gate. Where Tae-Woo and Han-Dae were currently sleeping back to back.

My eye twitched in annoyance. These two.

Hak kicked them roughly, knocking them over. "You're drooling." I told them, placing my hands on my hips. "This Tribe's guards take naps huh?" Hak asked.

The two turned, surprised to see us. "Master Hak? Mistress Kiri?!" I made a face at the name Han-Dae gave me. "Yo." Hak and I spoke in unison.

The two stood and walked over to us. Tae-Woo yawned. "Hey strangers. Has it been ten years?" He asked. I whacked him atop his head. "Idiot, it's been three." I corrected.

Tae-Woo and Han-Dae have always been good friends, a little annoying, but they're family.

He rubbed the spot which I struck. "Why are you two here?" He asked. Han-Dae grinned mischievously. "Did ya get fired from the General's post?" He asked, pointing at Hak.

Both are still as lazy as ever. "I see your laxness hasn't changed." Hak sighed, looking at them in disappointment.

The two waved their arms like the wind. "We're the Wind Tribe. We don't resist the flow of the wind, we go with it." Han-Dae said. The two of them smiling goofily.

"We sleep when we're sleepy." Tae-Woo said as the two continue their ridiculous charade. I chuckled at their behavior, happy to see that they were doing well.

"Who in the world posted these guys as guards?" Hak asked, bringing his hand through his hair. "It's not too bad." I shrugged.

Hak shot me an annoyed look. "I don't want to hear that from somebody who does the exact same thing!" I frowned at him.

"Eh?! If I recall you did the same idiot!" We glared at each other before huffing and turning away. Idiot.

"Hey, it's Master Hak and Mistress Kiri!" Someone spoke. I sighed, not liking being called Mistress. Some villagers began to come over, happy to see us.

I smiled a bit. I sure did miss being here. They gathered around us excitedly. From the looks of things they haven't heard anything from the castle. "Oh, who's this little girl?" A familiar older woman asked, standing next to Yona.